Lake of the Ozarks time...what to use for the green guys?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff R.

Reaction score
It's family vacation time next week to Lake of the Ozarks. Last year we had decent success with Yum Dingers Texas rigged and throwing around laydowns but was wondering what else would be somewhat productive this time of year down there. There are docks galore and I've thrown Senko's with the advice from Toxic wacky rigged and Texas rigged to them and let them flutter down but didn't have much luck. We always go out early morning and are back by mid morning so the rough water on the main channel is never an issue. We stay in a nice size cove at the 17 mile marker with many coves very close to us. I just wanted to see if there was a better way to catch some fish without having to travel 10 to 20 miles all over to find laydowns and brush. Thanks for your advice. Jeff

Hey Jeff.

Righit now 10" power worm in brush 25 feet or shallower is working also the brush hog.

And don't forget the jig. Good luck and be safe!

Green Pumpkin BLack Fleck Senko rigged Texas style, not wacky (and skin hook the hook point). I rarely wacky rig them. Also try a dropshot on those steep drops that LOZ is known for.

TOXIC

just got back from LOZ 10 inch worm red shad or june bug in deep brush there are a few good coves at 18 mile marker and going up lake from there on left side of lake

JD

I've never fished LOZ but on some of the deep clear lakes we have here in OK I like to throw a Yamamoto Twin Tail Hula Grub (rootbeer/green fleck) on a football head jig up on the steep banks and let it slide down. Sometimes you have to feed it a little line to keep it on the bottom.

Harpo

the twin tale chompers in green pumpkin is my choice on this lake when the fish are not in the brush but with this heat they are generating a lot of electric so they are pulling alot of water and the fish are holding tight in the brush just got back from there yesterday water temp 94 air temp 105 when we left

I'm with Toxic ... Green Pumpkin BLack Fleck Senko rigged Texas style. All they have to do is sit there and pick their rod tip up when they think of it

senkos are great if they are under docs and waiting to ambush prey but now they are in deep brush

JD

Back