lake chesdin

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GARY HICKS

Reaction score
have anyone fished lake chesdin in richmond va?

if so is it any good?

We fished it a week ago for Woo's tournament. I was very impressed how it looked, not too enthused with the amount of fish we caught. It wasn't bad fishing, but from the looks of the place, I thought we would have loaded the boat. Maybe we just caught it on a off day. We weren't really fishing that much out of my boat anyway - just taking pictures of others, etc.... but I managed a small bass and a perch fishing in the grass. We put in at the dam, and ran around a bit. A few people found the bottom quickly - :rolleyes::eek:, so be very careful when you are running. If you stay in the channel - which my GPS showed really well, you are fine for the most part until getting to the upper end. The water was down a bit from what everyone was saying, and some people didn't get to where they wanted to go because of the water levels. I heard of a lot of people trying to make it to the "swamp", but we turned around before that point. It was a very nice looking body of water, and I'm sure it has the capability of producing some decent stringers. Just be careful out there. Oh, and one more BTW - I was told (after I drove around at 65-70 most of the day), that there is a speed limit on the lake - I believe it is 45mph. I didn't see any signs posted, but I got it from a reliable source that the game warden was giving tickets that day.

All the best,

Glenn

I fished Chesdin a lot back in the early 70's. I lived in Hopewell for a few years after I got out of the Navy. I always loved that lake.

RoyC

Back