JimB/Mad K

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Duggan

Reaction score
either of you two heading out this weekend?

i will be fishing Friday at Northwood and maybe heading to Winnisquam Sunday.

Let Me know if you you'll be on the water and were you'll be.

GregD

Greg - If you think you will be at Lake Winnisquam on Sunday, I'll head up there. The smallmouth were moving up and some were spawning on my last tourney on Cape Cod last week so I am guessing there probably will be some on the beds on Lake Winnisquam especially given the temps are going to really heat up the next three days. Jim was going up last weekend and maybe he can give a report.

I was thinking of hitting Jennesse Pond but will meet you if you want on Lake Winnisquam. Let me know when you firm up your plans for Sunday and if you are definitely going to Lake Winnisquam.

Bill, the MadKayaker

I will be on Winnisquam on Sat. I was up last Sat and I can guarantee you they wont be on any beds up there at all. I doubt they will even be in shallow water. Last weekend the water temp was 44 when i got on and ~47 when i got off. You wont see any smallies on beds until it gets the high 50's and that will be in a few weeks. That clear water takes longer to warm up.

Bill i'm not suprised you found beds on the cape last weekend. I have always found them spawning in late april early may down there. Since the water doesnt freeze much it gets warm before everywhere else.

Thanks Jim! Maybe I will go to Jenesse then or Attitash. Let us know what you find on Saturday just on the off chance it looks good.

Bill, the Mad Kayaker

There will be fish caught on Sat for sure. Im betting it will take 16# or more to win my club tournament this weekend. Last weekend they were in deep water but catchable with a jigging spoon or silver buddy type blade bait. If the water warms up a little more they will move to the break line and jerk baits will be the bait to use.

just got back from northwood, the winds were terrible! i couldn't believe had bad it was up there. hid in some coves and manage 1 small large mouth. Back ty home the sun is out and no wind,go figure.

I will probably go back to northwood on sunday, the water was 50f in the morn and found the coves at 53/54f. i have a T there soon and need to learn the lake again.

jim, Be sure to update on the Winni conditions. I will probably head up the weekend after next. I have to go to Bpw next weekend and help get the new house ready for the summer.

GregD

Hey Greg - good luck in the tourney - are you fishing the ABA? I will probably try to get up to Lake Winnisquam next Sunday then. I have a tourney in two weeks back down on the Cape so probably won't be able to meet you unless I nix the tourney if you go then.

Bill,

Next weekend i will be at Bow. The following i am planning Winnisquam Saturday. Daughter has a f=dance recital that Sunday, so i will have to fish close to home that morn then 8 hrs of dance..............

Fishing a small local club, non ABA of TBF.

GregD

Back