Jacks

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris F.

Reaction score
Does anyone put their boat up on jacks for the winter? I have done this for the past four years and I was just wondering if I was wasting my time. Chris.

If it's going to sit for an extended time it helps to avoid flat spots on the tires, also depends if it is inside or out. If out, cover the tires also (after you put dressing on them.

TOXIC

Jacks are probably a good idea then. Also cover them and put dressing on them so that they don't dry rot or crack. Grease them up so that there is no water to freeze on your bearings (will pit them).

TOXIC

Thanks TOXIC, I have only had the new 901 two weeks. I hate to "put it away" but with the time change coming and pheasant season starting Nov. 13th it has to be.

Thanks again, Chris.

I am with ya on not putting the boat away!! Still taking it out every weekend and once or so during the week after work if I can before it is too dark to see,LOL.Getting lots of nice Crappies and some very fat Bass and being the only one on the lake on a saturday is unreal.Pheasant starts here nov.6th and if the weather stays warm I'll be huntin mornings and fishing late afternoons,can't beat that.

Back