It's Over......

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
Well...it's over. I winterized the rig yesterday and dropped her off at storage. Another long winter of honey-do's await me. My only hope is that the Lions, Wings and Pistons keep up their winning ways and provide me some excitement during the long Michigan winter. I swear, when I retire I'm selling/throwing out all my cold weather gear and heading south for good. I've had enuff of "the beautiful change of seasons...!!" I WANT WARM WEATHER, PALM TREES AND FLIP FLOPS...ALL THE TIME..!!

I'll stop whining now..I'm off to the Springsteen concert tonight...tomorrow will be Day 1 of the Honey-Do's..

I winterized mine also. Took my cooler weather coat out of the closet, and put it in the storage compartment of the boat. Other than that, just about ready.

:D:rolleyes::lol::p:cool::cool::cool:

Love living in the south.

Tex

I wouldn't know how to winterize a boat. I love the Gulf Coast.

Troy

I winterized mine also. Took my cooler weather coat out of the closet, and put it in the storage compartment of the boat. Other than that, just about ready.

Love living in the south.

:lol::lol: That's pretty good.

I always say, winterizing is for water skiers and Yankees. ;):D

Yup, got two deer in the freezer and it's time to get back on the water. Ya gotta love Georgia. Sorry fellas, we'll send pics:lol:

Jim

Hey dont give up the farm yet. I was out last weekend and plan on it again this weekend. The crappie are biting :)

Mini

Dangit..you southern fellas just gotta rub it in don't ya...!!:angry:

I know the fish are still biting Mini...that's what makes it doubly frustrating..I was out on Union Saturday, killed the smallies and got 2 bonus walleye for dinner. But, be that as it may, I've been evicted from my garage (soon as the wife's car gets frost, I get tossed. I know, I'm whupped :(), I can't keep it outside because of our association rules and city ordinance, so away it goes. I'll get over it, I'm gonna need all this time to complete the "to do" list anyhow, unfortunately my wife has become addicted to the D.I.Y. network on cable...."projects" seem to be piling up at an astounding rate..!:eek:

By the way, the Springsteen concert was amazing..! A 3 hour, high energy, rock and roll revival. I haven't missed any of his Detroit area shows since 85, last nights was one of the best.

Now's the time to bum rides with all your friends. :D

Gene

...I've been evicted from my garage (soon as the wife's car gets frost, I get tossed.

My turn is coming soon, as my wife mentioned it this morning. Saw the frost on her car and said "...you know the boat needs to be moved outside real soon!" :blink:

I aready have the PT175 sitting out there covered (won't fit in the garage), now I have to put the new jon boat out there also. Well, at least they won't spend the winter outside alone :rolleyes:

Well,

I live 40 miles west of Chicago and it has been 9 years since I winterized my boat. Last year I was off the water from January 13th (I think) till February 20th? Hardly worth the effort for four weeks. I have only ever been off the water in the last nine years for 7 weeks in 2001, the longest stretch...

Just fish the rivers... almost always open water below one of the Mississippi River dams somewhere... And, the Illinois River usually provides plenty of open water...

My fishin' don't stop til the water freezes. Some good fishing here in the next few weeks;)

Latest posts

Back