Is this a good deal?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Parker

Reaction score
I've fished out of this boat, and know this guy quite well. The boat is very clean and well maintained. I just don't know how his pricing is on this boat.

What do you think?

1998 Nitro 18 foot LX700 Bass boat with 90HP Mercury motor and Nitro Trailer. New Minn Kota remote control trolling motor, 2 new depth/fish finders, Garmin GPS unit, FM/CD Stereo with built in speakers, remote control floodlight, 2 sets of seats and pedestals, underwater camera system, new batteries and lots of accessories. This boat has always been garaged kept and looks brand new, Runs at 50 mph on the water. $8000 Over $3000 in accessories.

Average NADA guide retail is @ $6K for boat, motor, trailer. With $3K in accessories, I would say the price is in the ball park from the NADA perspective.

Any boat older than 5or 6 years is basically priced primarily on condition.... Look at the NADA as a benchmak and then envision an average boat in average condition... Can be as much as 50%or more lower for poor condition and certainly up to 25% more for excellent condition. The acessories and electronics are also a larger factor... if they "stuff" is all substantially newer than the boat (less than 3 years) add 25-30% of the new cost of these things to the boat... ANything over 3 years old is going to need replacing at some point... especially electronics... Finally, it is up to you. This deal sounds like it is in the ballpark...

Steve - When buying a used boat, unfortunetly as Greg said its a buyers market and condition and local pricing are a big factor. Is the $8k the "Friend" deal or is that what he's putting it up on the general market for? The extra's sound good, the 90 on that boat is mid-pack on performance, it was the standard motor for a number of years, i'd say performance you are looking in the mid 40's top speed loaded.

Check local sites/papers and places like boattraderonline.com for comparisons, and always if you know the owner, its in great shape, it fits your needs and you can pay cash, get what you want.

Trep

Be aware that the LX700 is not an 18' boat, it is 17'.

TerpMan,

Gotta disagree with you, I owned this exact boat for eight years and with proper weight distribution and trim 55 is more than possilbe. 8K thought migth be a little steep, offer $6,500 and see how much he is willing to move.

Dang, And I was thinking of selling mine for 8500. Guess I need to look into it a little more. Wife said I should keep it. I dont seem to take it out as much as I used to.. The Boat that is!!

Max <><
Family Pics 059.jpg

Back