Info on Tracker Jet

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Wulfekotte

Reaction score
Hi. I'm thinking of selling my 95 Pro 17 to upgrade a little. Here in NJ most of my fishing is via electric but our club is starting to expand to some "bigger" waters. I'd like to hear from anyone who can give me some pros and/or cons about the Tracker Pro 185 jet boat.

Thanks

Pete

Pete

Why a jet boat? Do you all fish lots of shallow rivers and lakes?

fatrap

Hey guys. Thanks for the response. I was just thinking about a jet as I like to get into shallow water and thought this may be a good option. It's moot point. Tracker isn't going to make one for 2006. I may just have to look at another make. (Perish the thought) As you Jersey guys know fishing all electric lakes, a 12 volt on an 18' boat don't get it done and I don't want to spend that kind of money on a new boat and bring it home and jury rig it before I start fishing. I told Tracker this last year and they suggested I wait as new things were happening in 2006. Apparently the only thing new is optimax or 4 stroke. Bummer. I like Tracker but the Lowe Stinger MAY get the nod.

Thanks again

Pete, look around a bit. I see used jets on sale quite often. The guy who helped me with all the stuff on my boat has a Tracker/Mercury Jet and he's thinking of selling to go glass. He also didn't like the steering issue that Tee mentioned.

Bill

Pete, how shallow of water are we talking? I can get my TV18 in pretty shallow water...

Bruce. Thanks for the come back. My "research" had turned up some positive comments on the V18. I hadn't thought about them. I was focused (not usually a good thing) on the Pro Team style. The thing that making me craxy about Tracker is they seem to be locked into 12V Motor Guides. That's not going to work for me here in NJ. We fish mostly electric. I'm running a MK 101 on my Pro 17 and I don't want to get another boat and have to jury rig it like I did this one. According to Tracker they're set up w/ 12v wireing and to move up means rewiring. I just may have to jump ship. But I do thank you for the info.

That's wrong...the 175 & 185 are both rigged for 24 volt:)

Back