Inexpensive Boat Cover

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Dear

Reaction score
I have a Nitro 170DC that I store in my Garage....I'm looking for an inexpensive cover for those long weekends at the lake. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks & great day to all.:)

I bought mine at Academy (not sure you have those in NY) for around 70 or 80 bucks. It looks like an ironing board cover but does the job real good. It isn't a perfect fit but with the right amount of bungee cords it works.

Harpo

I purchased one (silver like an ironing board cover also) from WalMart for $50. Harbor Master brand I think. It says it's trailerable, but I wouldn't trust it, so I only use it while boat is in driveway. Going to purchase a "Tracker custom fit" one from Cabela's as soon as I can to use on highway.

I had one of the Harber master covers i used on my Carolina Skiff. They dont trailer very well....at all.....but they are good for regular use.

I had to throw it away because it was all shredded (due to trailering...lasted about 2 trips to Missouri).

BJ

I bought a 20 foot white tarp from a boat supply place for about $17.00 and a pack of bungy cords for $10.00 - how cheap is that. I keep the boat out in the weather all the time and it works great. I also bought a boat strap that goes from the bow to the stern for $8.99 I believe from bass pro shops to keep the water from making pools on the tarp. It works perfectly.
boat cover.jpg

Back