IMPROVE STEERING

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Guess

Reaction score
I noticed my steering getting hard about a year ago...I greased everything on my motor but it did not improve until a friend told me I had to remove the two big nuts from the steering cable and shot some oil into/onto the steering rod....well, it worked and my steering improved about 40%. For those who have not done this before (I didn't know how to do it either, I thought greasing the fitings would solve the problem-wrong)just remove the aluminum nut on the right(from behind the motor) and the black plastic nut on the left and shoot oil (I used gear oil 80wt.)into the small space where the rod goes.THIS IS FYI........WISH I WOULD HAVE DONE IT YEARS AGO.

It got stiff because you shot grease into the fittings for the steering rod, when in fact its should be oil, if you read the manual, and follow there instuctions you should not have any issues for a very long time.

mike c

no mike, I did not put anything on the cable because I thought it was getting grease from the grease fitting.....my first post explains. I was letting others know how to do it just in case they did as I did......

Latest posts

Back