Idea

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
You may have seen a couple of those posters or signs from peta that have a picture of a dog with a hook in its mouth and read "you wouldn't do this to a dog why do it to a fish?". I was sitting in my living room about 5 minutes ago with my flippin stick and I had a rattle trap with no hooks on it. My dog was going crazy over it with the rattles and all. He holds in his mouth and will move around a little bit before he spits it out. he will chew on it if I don't try to get it away from him.

Here is my idea---I think I will have someone take a pic of me with the rod bent over and the lure in spud's (the dog) mouth...no pain to him..but kinda funny looking if someone from PETA saw it....I would just put YES I WOULD underneath it...

Your thoughts?

LOL!! You get the picture taken.....

I'll send it to PETA!

Better yet.....

We'll get Rich "PETA Hater" Stern to hack their site and post it there!

BJ that would be pretty funny alright but it's always been my belief that it's not a good idea to poke a wasps nest with a stick. If you leave them alone and pay no attention to them they might go away.

Harpo

I use a hookless scum frog with my cats.. But now I have to lock away my tackle so the cats won't play with it.. They don't know the others have hooks?

BF

I'll get the pic sometime tonight or tomorrow and post it!

-Spud is good to stay out of the tackle boxes when I leave the room and they are open...he HATES power bait or anything that has a smell to it! One day I was watching TV and had my rod in there and was flippin a jig with hook..he bolted out of the corner...I had no clue he was even in the room. I yelled out NO! and he paused just before getting to the jig. I was so glad I didn't hook him. He is my little sisters dog...she would have been MAD at me!

I'll get the pic sometime tonight or tomorrow and post it!

-Spud is good to stay out of the tackle boxes when I leave the room and they are open...he HATES power bait or anything that has a smell to it! One day I was watching TV and had my rod in there and was flippin a jig with hook..he bolted out of the corner...I had no clue he was even in the room. I yelled out NO! and he paused just before getting to the jig. I was so glad I didn't hook him. He is my little sisters dog...she would have been MAD at me!

I have a better idea. Do what they fear the most, Ignore them. That's the only way to make someone go away.

But y'all know that already.

I have a better idea. Do what they fear the most, Ignore them. That's the only way to make someone go away.

But y'all know that already.

Back