I HAD DINNER WITH RICK CLUNN YESTERDAY

• Thread starter Christopher Edwards2
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Edwards2

Reaction score
You're not gonna believe this! I was with my small bass club on Kentucky Lake fishing a club tournament this weekend. The first evening, we were all sitting around our cabins when this real nice Ford truck and Nitro bass boat pulled right in front of us and guess who gets out...RICK CLUNN. We all gathered around his big Nitro 929 and talked to Rick for about twenty minutes or so. We then took some group and individual photos with Rick in front of our club banner. O.K. This was real cool, but it gets better....

The next evening I walk into this little country dinner a half mile from mu cabin and happened to sit at the same table as Rick, (litterly rubbing elbows with him). I had almost and hour to sit, eat and talk about fishing with Rick Clunn all to myself. I was very very impressed with him and everybody in my club commented on what a real nice guy Rick was to sit and talk with all of us for so long.

So the fishing on Kentucky Lake was great, but the whole trip was made extrodinary by meeting one of the icons of bass fishing.

Once I get me pictures of Rick Clunn and me back and then figure out how to load them here, I'll share them with we all.

Actaully, he did. He told my what lure to throw the the next day. I don't want to say what it was because it worked and he's still got to fish the FLW Tournament this coming week.

Now that's pretty neat. Glad to hear he's a nice guy and not pretentious.

Clunn is a great guy. I understand your enthusiasm. I got to spend an entire day working the BPS/XPS booth with him at a show once. I was picking his brain at every chance!

Headed to Kentucky Lake this week, how did you guys do? I am not fishing the tournament but will get out a couple of days. Friday with Takahiro Omori, provided he doesnt make the cut. And I dont know who yet on Saturday.

Mini

Neat!

I still have his name on my Nitro(Ricky Clunn edition).

I heard he was a class act.

fatrap

I have met Rick Clunn twice at fishing events and he is a class act all of the way. Here he is signing my son's hat at an FLW weigh-in.

Bob G.
P6220707A.jpg

I forgot I had this pic in my library. Rick and my son and I at the Great Outdoors Games at Lake Placid, NY. All of the pro bass fishermen there were class acts...especially Kevin Van Dam, Rick Clunn and Shaw Grigsby.

Bob G.
P7130805A.jpg

Bob G-

You're slipping...

Is that a smile that 'almost' breaking out on your face?

LOL

az

Andy,

Yea, I don't know how that happened!!!!

Bob G.

Back