I got a job!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
Well heres the story.....

We take two cars with us when we go on vacation. Truck and boat, then a car we can drive around with. My parents are in the truck and I'm driving the car. Some friends of ours are coming with us and they are with me and their parents are driving. I'm bringing up the rear. Well anyway, my cell phone rings. Its a lady at Bass Pro and she has offered me a job (I turned in an application on Tuesday and had an interview on Tuesday). I accept the offer. She then tells me I need to get a drug test taken. Thats fine, she then says it must be taken within the next 24 hours, thats fine too.....Except I only have two choices to pick from. Both in OKC....so being 2 hours away from OKC, we pull of the road, my sister and our friends load up with our parents, i turn around and drive back to OKC so I can get up tomorrow and take a drug test. So now, i can take the test tomorrow morning and then I get to drive for 5 or so hours to meet up with my parents and friends....

Its all worth it though. After I get back from vacation I go in on the 28th for an orientation and then i start work!

BJ

Congratulations BJ! Andy had to take a drug test for his new job too. I asked him he he needed to study for it:D, when he said "Nooo DAD:rolleyes:, I said, "Yeah, why would this test be any differant":lol:

I can't wait to come down to BPS and see you. I hope you work in the fishing dept.

Harpo

I am in the fishing department!!!!! I'll let you know when I work and come by and say hi!

I'll show you where everything is...I've got the place pretty well memorized.:lol:

Harpo

Fantastic....

You can tell it's not the military... They would have put a fisherman in the ladies clothing dept...

All Right, BJ !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really happy for you, BJ! You ought to have a blast!

Geez though..... They didn't need to have you drive back to OKC.....

There are 2,000+ members here that coulda told them you DON'T do drugs!

Maybe they should put you in the ladies' clothing department.....

Never know when you might meet some sweet, young fisherwoman!

God Bless you, my young friend!

me!

Best part about that job is the discount....it will make you want to turn around and spend all the money you just earned. Good Luck and have fun.

Uhhhm,..Staci,...He could impress that "sweet young Fisherwoman" faster by helping her select the right tube colors based on his "experience" than by fumbling his way through a Redhead skirt rack!:blink: :lol:

...but then again,...only BJ knows for sure!!! :eek::lol::lol::p

Carry on,

Mac

Awwww, everybody knows you find your nicest girls down by the bus station.;)

Harpo

Street corners, don't forget about street corners and dive bars! Always a good place to find nice friendly women...

Congrats BJ!

Rich D

Congratulations BJ and have fun and don't spend all your earnings where you work. ;);)

Here's a short 'testing' story for you. Before I got/started this job, I had to take a drug test. I was working in Detroit at the time, and my test was scheduled for the next morning (similar deal to BJ - had to take it within 24 hours). My team and I decide to go to a movie that night. We have a nice dinner, go to a movie, and as we are walking out of the theatre, I walk right through (and breathe), a pretty good amount of MJ smoke/residue.

From then till I got the results, I absolutely worried about what would happen. Nothing, but I just wasn't certain.

Tex

You make us proud. Now quit playing an get to work. Ha Ha

Da Bear

Sooner,....Tex turned right around,...walked back thru the cloud and got another box of popcorn for the ride home!!:p:lol:

Way to Go BJ, you are my HERO!! I want to retire and work in the Fishing Department at BPS!!!

Congrats on the job BJ. I hope you don't end up spending more than you make. It's an easy place to do it! I know I would.

Sue

Back