How many hours can a trucker legally drive?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Just wondering,......how many hours can a trucker drive before he/she has to stop??:blink:

It depends - there's a chart from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (an agency of the Department of Transportation with jurisdiction over CDL driver hours) linked to this message. Basic rule of thumb appears to be eleven hours max after coming off of a ten hour break. But there's more so check the chart.

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/topics/hos/HOS-2005.htm

Cool.....good info...thanks!! My boat left AR. yesterday...just trying to "guess" when it'll be in MI....we're his first stop.....then he's going into Canada. Look like it'll be here Thursday at the latest!! SWEEEEEET!!!:lol::p

I think he was going to swing into Vermont first Mac, that way a servant can test drive it prior to going to " The Man " LOL.

Buzz

Will they have it rigged for the weekend?

Gene

Probably not. I will be fishing Fri Sat golfing Sun and back to work on Mon...lol

All they gotta do is put the batteries in it,.....the x510C will already be in the bow and the X27C is BO'd,....I'll install that when it gets here...who knows when that'll be!!:wacko:

Everything else will have already been done at the factory.....(they want to get their prostaff on the water ASAP despite Mini's personal plans!! LOL)

Here is Pa, you can drive no more then 10 hours and work a total of 14 hours in one day. i know i have to follow those DOT rules for work.

Since he's in Arkansas, he's probably his own grandpa or cousin or something, so he can drive double!!!

No offense to any folks from Arkansas intended!!!

Back