House problem fixed!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone is probably tired of hearing about it, but it helps me reduce the stress to get it out! LOL Our home promblems have ended. My buyer did in fact back out, and we were having problems finding a place anyway. After 3 years of this mess I got fed up. For those who have been to my "home", you know the location is pretty convenient. Right off the highway, close to the lake, close to the stores and malls etc. Well, I went down and got a top of the line mod/double wide with thermal windows, baracade doors, sky labs, all new appliances, 6" walls, beefed up floor and ceiling. 25 year shingles, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1500 squares, (not huge, but it'll work). Has a great room with padio doors just like before, a huge garden tub and seperate shower in the master bath. My wife picked out the colors and is all excited. It also has nice fireplace cased in granite stone work. Very nice set up. She doesn't know it yet, but my wife is also getting a new living room set to go with it for Christmas and a new kitchen table and chairs. Now all I need is the new boat to park in front of it! LOL Eventually I will put up a stockade privacy fence along the road, and fence in the entire yard for the dogs and my kids to run, but segregated! No kids in the dog crap! Then pave the driveway and put in a 1 1/2 car garage with a loft/shop for my gear and tackle work. There will be plenty of room to have you all over for BBQ's now. My wife has very much enjoyed having the site members and their families over in the past and would like to do it again. She says of all the fishing related folks I have been around, she likes the Tracker/Nitro owners the best. You guys even out rank the FLW pros! LOL I will post pics when it's ready. BTW guys, for those who've been over....ALL the shrubs and bushes that encased the front and side of my home fell victim to my chainsaw last night! Arghh arghh argh!

Very good Grasshoppa!!!.....A major cause of stress,...fixed! You de'man!!!!

So now Mac, yo got NO excuse not to come out and FUN fish! Be sure to find your way out in May like Marke did so I can show off MY lake in her glory! And if we happen to have a few hours to let some lead fly too, great. Maybe we can zap a gobbler. NY now gives FOUR, that's right FOUR turkey tags to residents! Sweeeeet! 2 in the fall and 2 in spring. 1 for you and 1 for me!

Rob - you adding the house to your existing house? Or did you sell the other one and have extra land?

By the way, I've got a load of shrubs needing a chain saw, i'm leaving in 2 hours for my trip with Tex, come on down cut the shrubs, take a soak in the hot tub and drink some of my beer! Just tell Beka your from the board!!!

Your ON Rob!!!..I'm all over that invitation!! LOL and I expect you to take me to your REAL Honey Holes,...none of that "community" stuff you use for clients!! I want TOADS!

hahahah

Trep, a few years ago my wife and I had to move into a single wide trailer that was meant to be a rental/investment property. We have a big parcel (160+ acres) of land, but it sits smack in the middle of what's called the Adirondack park, the largest national forest east of the Mississippi! There is all kinds of BS associated with doing anything in the park as they're trying to keep it "forever wild". So we moved into the rental and have been there for 5 years. We needed a house but couldn't find anything reasonable. All the houses here are either in a bad state of repair, like needing new foundations and not liveable, or are $250k! I just traded in the single for a new, top notch double. I didn't want one, but once my wife convinced me to go look inside one, I was sold. The construction is similar to stick built and you can't go wrong on the price. Start to finish, we'll be in within 5 weeks, moving in furniture! Plus for what I'll owe, I can sell it next year if we decide to move and still make a nice dime! It fit our current needs perfectly.

Sounds like a good plan, I remember Consumer Reports doing an article a few years back on the improved quality of manufactured homes, since a lot of Boomers are buying then in Florida! Sounds like you've got a plan! MAN 160 acres, i've just got 3/4 of 1 and I thought I had a lot to mow!!!

Trep,...Everything seems BIGGER when you're only 135lbs!! LOL...sorry,...couldn't resist that!!

Rob,

Congrats on the new home. I'll be ready for a post-hunting season winter house warming BBQ. When it comes to food, my wife makes killer everything!!! Let us know.

Bob G.

Actually Bob, I'm planning on having a house warmng party some Saturday night in November! Everyone is welcome. I TRUE deer hunter will have already filled his freezer by then and will be settling down for winter watching football! LOL

Ahhh 135 lbs, I remember those days of JR high! LOL I've owned dogs heavier than that!

OK guys, snif, snif, I can tell when i'm not wanted. I'm taking my heavy butt and hauling it to Lake Russell! Car's packed, cooler full of Home brew and rods and tackle loaded!!

All Y'all have a safe Friday and don't work too hard, 'cause i'm NOT!!!

Marke made it in about 4.5 hours. So Manchester I think is only 4. Well worth the drive for some sick smallie action in spring. The boat is pretty much retired for the season at this point.

Ok Rob,

Some hunters may stop at one deer, but I shoot for two!! Actually, I have 6 tags between two states and I don't stop until mid-December.

Bob G.

I'm going for 2, and the only reason it's not 3 is because I got declined for a doe tag. But I also intend to finally shoot a bear for the sake of Mac's loss! That is, if the bear is a shooter, and close enough to my truck as to not require more than 4-5.......minutes drag MAX! LOL

I'm very happy for you! (sarcastic) But we had 40 degrees last night and the tail end of the hurricane is dumping on us. It's going to be in the high 60's tomorrow which is rare this time of year. I could fish, but make more money in the woods.

I feel for you guys who truly have to "retire" a boat for the season of winter.

Just remember, when you're inside a warm, comfortable house in January, watching the Super Bowl beside a toasty fire, with bowl of freshly popped popcorn and a cold brew in your hand....

I'll be on Lake Taneycomo fishin'!

(O'course it might be seven degrees BELOW zero like the first time I fished there, and if I let the lure touch the side of the boat it will instantly freeze, and I'll have to keep cleaning the ice out of the rod guides, but I'll still be fishin'.)

And when you pull that rig from the lake and trailer home you here POP as the lower unit gears shear into pieces, the speedo and water pressure gauge blow out, the bilge and aerator pumps shatter and you realize.....I didn't even catch any fish. Meanwhile, snug and warm back at the farm with brew and hotwings in hand, Rob, Mac, Mini, Ken, Marke, Buzz, Bob, Doug, and the rest of us yanks all sit in awe as the Lions finally win a game! LOL Have fun for us wouldya MO! I'll be thinking of you from my lazy boy in front of the fireplace as the snow drifts up outside and the lake freezes. My boat will be nestled away, all covered up, winterized and cozy in the barn hybernating while your's freezes into a block.

HA!!!

Yeah, and as I'm taking my hands out of my frozen-solid neoprene gloves to shove them up under my armpits in an attempt to restore the circulation, I'll be thinking of you too.

Dave, you can get to champlain in 3.5 hours. I made it to Bob G's house in 2 hours and 35 minutes.... but I wouldn't recommend driving that fast to anyone. I'd say 3 to 3.5 is a good conservative time. Go in May and you'll have the time of your life.

If St. Clair doesn't live up to her rep. I'll make the 9 hour drive back.

Marke

Back