Hour meter Install

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul W

Reaction score
Bought a rectangle teleflex hour meter,now it says to hook the positive wire to the to the "I" terminal of another gauge or to the "I" of the ignition switch. My question is will it be marked which terminal this is on the gauge or ignition switch???? Have a Pro Deep V 16 SC. Has anyone installed this type of hourmeter.

Thanks Bulldawg

Most likely not. Just use a test light or volt meter and find out which one is hot only when key is in the on position and hook to that one.

mike

The wire that will go hot with your key switch is purple... hope this helps

Deja vu... I have the same meter to install...Thanks guys

I put the identical meter in my PC 175, three weeks ago, I don't remember which wire on the switch I used, but I used a volt meter to find a wire that was "hot with the switch". A simple 12 volt test light will do the same thing. By the way, it works great, I've put 10 hours on it in those three weeks.

Glenn

buldawg, i went and got the same one, (haven't installed it yet, but will probably put it somewhere up under dash) thanks to all the posts about this subject, i think the install will go smooth, hope to get around to it within a week or two, have a good night , everybody.....egM

Back