Hit My First log today: long version

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Freeman

Reaction score
Well today was just 1 of them Thank The Lord I made it home days. Weather was not an issue. The Conowingo Lake is full of logs and trash from all the rain the east coast has seen. The wood would seem to stay in areas and then plenty of clean water. Well while running at about 30 mph across some clean water I hit an underwater log. If the impact from the landing had not hurt my back so much I might of had time to be scared. Turn out the only thing hurt was my pride.. But on the fishing side have I got of a fish Stacie will be mighty proud of. 3lm,1 yellow pearch,3 sunnies and both my thumbs. Lost crankbait,Spinner bait and a Jig (all under water for a change) but the boats OK and ready to ride on the 4th.. But I think I will go to Gunpowder and give them some time to clean up the lake.

BF

Did you fish the area down by the dam. I loved that lake, I could really hammer the largemouth on jig and pig. With the water as high as it is, where I usually pitched should be in aleast 15 feet of water now. Most the fish I caught there came out from under the rocks along the eastern shore.

Make sure you check your lower unit for water. My friend did the same thing, and next time out his lower unit went. The impact created a leak around the seal. Just double check by pulling your lower plug on the motor.

I plan on changing the gear oil afterwork Thus to check for water.. 1000 yards off limit since 9-11, did sneak back into the pond and thats where I caught 2 of the lm. How far is Lake Onidea from you?? I will be there on the 21,22,23 of this month for some down time..?

Thanks Ron did you make it back to the Quarry? Randy and I are headed that way Fri am.. He was with me today..

Bruce, I know how you feel; I hit my first underwater log this year on Lake Barkley and was running about 36 mph in my PT175 (60hp). Believe it or not my wife and mother-in-law were along and they very seldom ever go!! Didn't hurt anything but an $89 AL prop (didn't even lose my mother-in-law) but it sure scared us pretty good. It was a good lesson on running WOT any time soon after debree has been in the water.

Hey Bruce, hit the quarry and Foster's Branch on incomming tide. Did pretty good in the quarry but I think it was the wrong tide for Foster's Branch. Good Luck to you and Randy on Friday.

Latest posts

Back