Hey TOXIC!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
You had mentioned towing your boat in the mountains in another post..... As heavy as your 929 is, why don't you get a diesel?

I am looking at the duramax in a 3/4 ton, crew cab, short bed 4x4. Went to the dealer yesterday and the grand total.....$43,000 big ones!! Dealer claims to be selling it to me at cost but I am not through looking. It doesn't sound like that good of a deal to me. That is a 2004. Anybody have any contacts at a Chevy or GMC dealer?

TOXIC

I fly for a group of car dealers that handle all of the major brands. If you need some info I may be able to dig it up for you. Don't know about making a sale from here since we're in NE Texas, wonder what that delivery charge would be. If I can help, let me know.

Hey prpjt,

"I'd like to buy a vowel"....LOL

Just kiddin' dude.

I'll fly in for the right deal!! With airfares the way they are I could go to the deal and drive her home!! I know there is a deal out there somewhere.

TOXIC

Besides the additional towing capacity and increased fuel mileage (~20 mpg while towing) - the engine should last over 300,000 miles!

TOX, the way you take care of your toys, a diesel could last you a lifetime!

PRPJT (what the heck does that mean, is it your tail number!!LOL?) I would appreciate any help you could render.

JR, stats show you don't recoup the extra cost of a diesel till after 100k...my jeep has 189k and my explorer has 105k. Yeah, I'll get my $$ back!!

me! Dang tootin' I'll recoup the $$. I'll run that puppy a half a million!! That's why I want all of the toys on it, OnSTAR, Satellite radio, DVD player, BOSE stero. I'm gonna have to live with it for a loooong time!! After hearing all of the details, my wife actually said that she thought I needed the diesel...the dealer almost fainted!!

TOXIC

Back