Hey Tox

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenneth Brown

Reaction score
Tox, You busy this sat. I have no tourny's thought we could get together Anna or the Potomac! see if Carlos want to play? KB

KB and Tox,

I am in town this Saturday.I think that I may be able to play!!!! I will make sure I get all my chores done during the week :)

Carlos

Hmmmmmm...You read my mind!! Just where might this "meeting of the champions" take place? How many boats? Anybody else interested? I was just looking at the map scoping out Smith Mountain. It is a haul but would be fun. Anna is a complete zoo unless we could get over to the hot side somewhere. Haven't been on the Potomac.

TOXIC

Well now, the Potomac is HOT now. From Quantico North to the Capitol.

If the River is decided, we can meet at Lees or even here at Hope Springs. If we are feeling adventurous we can put in at DC. I do not have a DC liscense and will have to buy one is all. KB knows the DC area better then I do. We can use my boat Tox, if you do not want to drag yours all the way here.

I can drive soem but not a whole lot as I fly out earlyish on Sunday.

Carlos

PS Was reading that Mallows Bay is back open now to fishing. floating boats are gone from there.

Up to you guys, I'll meet or drive....I don't have a DC permit either but can get one. Your area has been hot though right CIII? How about boat traffic?

TOXIC

Boat traffic has been fairly light after the 4th. I think they all burned up the allotment of gas then. A few lake fleas, but they stay away from the banks and the barges. gets a bit sticky for them there.

Launching is not a bad affair, no big waits since the 4th. As a matter of fact I was the 1st to launch yesterday and there were only 5 or so other boats there when I recovered the baot in the rain storm..

Area from Quantico North is HOT HOT. I am up to new areas to the North if you all want to. If we do launch out of Hope Springs, I can see if the wife unit will be in agreement to a cookout or something. Any takers or ideas?

Carlos

I'm in, especially if I don't have to pull the big rig (so my wife can have the Explorer). My wife has a friend in town (a flight attendant, hubba, hubba) so she will stay at home.

TOXIC

OK all you Potomac fishers!!! We have 2 ready to play. Any more takers and where?????

Carlos

If i may guys, the Potomac would be great. Takes 2 hours to get to Leesyvania! What do ya'll think? Kb

CIII,

You want me to come to your house, or meet you at the ramp? Heck, I will never need my boat when I go with you, You've got 2!! LOL Can we launch at Holiday and run to Leesylv. or do you want to pull there"

KB, that's great as long as we can fish some of Carlos' honey holes!! HAHAHA!! Last time out he only put me on catfish!!

TOXIC

Tox, Carlos missunderstood my knowledge of the D.C. area, That was my dearly departed partner who had all the HOT SPOTS in D.C. I never saw the Potomac before June. But i will be there on Sat. (the only way 'ya learn 'em) KB Carlos, It's up to you to put us on 'em

Oh are we in trouble now.........Pressure is on CIII, if you don't put us on fish, we will come back here and Mike Snow will start a new post "Carlos is a bad Fisherman" and then you get 300 posts of people telling you just how bad you are!!

Tell me where and when...Have rod will travel!!

TOXIC

OK fellas, In a bit o a bind. I have company coming in on Friday evening, some friends from Virginia Beach. Do we have room on the other boats going for them? They are not small fellas, so 4 of us on my boat will not be conducive for speed :)

Great great, the pressure is really on me now to find the fish!!!! Jeese, and I know a bit of Quantico and some of Arcendale flats, nothing like a bit of peer pressure :) Will try my hardest to put us on fish!!!

But, plan B is that if we do not do too well, we can coem abck to my house for a cookout. How does that sound? Sue has agreed to the cookout, but she may be at work, so it wil be up to us to get it all going.

Is it only going to be KB's boat and my boat or is Dave going to be there too? I happen to ahve an extra baot right now that we can also use, jeese that sounds sooooo bad.. I need to sell that one....anyway, please give me soem ideas.

OK, Tox, last time I put us on soem pretty challenging waves too :) Do not forget that!!!!

So questions are, Any one other then KB's and my boat?

Any others then Tox, KB, me and my two buddies?

Cookout at my house when all the fish catching is done?

Put in here at Hope Springs or Lees? KB is for Lees, KB want to drive here for the cookout afterwards? Or you ahev to jet?

Ideas or thoughts???

Carlos

Devils in the details....If the 3 of you can fish out of your boat, then I can hop with KB....I can also bring my boat if we need to (Heck, it'll save me from unloading all of my gear!!LOL) I don't mind. But if you are coming by yourself KB, I will just jump in your rig...You know me CIII, I'll go great distances for good food!! Give me a call at the office tomorrow...202-942-3285. KB let me know if you are bringing anyone.....

TOXIC

Good Morning Guys, Tox i'm flying solo! you can join me if you like. I'm used to the 901 planing like a barge! FOOD ,Will follow you for food! Are we O.K. with Lees. for the ramp or Hope(i have no idea where that is) Question, Questions!KB

Hey KB,

I'm gonna assume you are not making light of my advanced poundage LOL!!I think Carlos will put in at either....I'll wait for him to reply. Let's assume Leesyl. Carlos likes Hope Springs because it is 3 minutes from his house LOL!! I'll meet you at 8:00, gear in hand. Man what a vacation to be able to camp out on the back of the boat!! LOVE it!! I NEVER get to relax and back seat fish!! I'll bet you don't hear that too often. I can give you a few senko pointers also. Let's just hope we don't get dumped on as far as rain goes!! A little rain...good, a lot of rain....BAD. Here is Teddy's last report...

I apologize for the tardiness in getting our report out but Mrs. Carr dragged me kicking and screaming, mind you, on vacation and I was unable to get it posted in time. I'm still working from the mouth of Mattawoman to DC. First the grass bed on the north point and leading shore is holding some quality largemouth that are very willing to take a pw-29 HAWG CALLER spinnerbait. The milfoil is sporadically placed making the ambush points obvious. Then work north and stop at Bryans Cove and work the milfoil there. These bass really are chomping a black LUNKER LURE buzzbait at low tide. However this place is receiving lots of pressure so you might have to make a few visits at different times. The real key to productivity is to take notice of the multiple edges within the grass bed. My little gem of submerged eel grass in front of Bolling AFB is still loaded with bass and they are partial to a SPRO prime 25 crankbait in red and black or a XPS suspending jerkbait in black and silver. Don't leave before fishing the rock and wood piling jetty located on this shore with an XPS balsa boogie in the plum crazy color pattern. FWTC guide Eric Peterson got out this week on the river and scored on South Point, the barges in Smoot Bay and in front of the Fort McNair wall in the Washington Channel. We continue putting 5 bass limits together with ease that weigh in excess of 20-pounds. The summer fishing is absolutely phenomenal.

This is gospel. If we follow this pattern, we will get on bass!!

TOXIC

We fished the grass on the south side at the mouth of Mattawoman. Do you want a seat on the boat! I don't use them, they just get in the way. Man this is gonna be fun! Anybody else from the board interested? KB

Just a butt seat if you are not gonna use yours. BTW...we talked about the James, Teddy has been busy there also....

I continued to spend time on the James this week and I loved it. The cypress points in Kittewan are still producing with a XPS balsa boogie in a plum crazy color pattern. Its important to fish Kittewan during the last 2 hours of an outgoing tide. Herring, and Powell Creeks continue to hold quality bass. The pilings in Swift Creek and the Appomattox were very productive if you use a green pumpkin HAWG CALLER Lil' Teez rigged on a 1/4-oz slider head also don't be afraid to run a medium running crankbait like the XPS balsa boogie through these pilings as well, blue and chrome fared well for us this week. . Turkey Island was my hot spot this week it produced some nice chunks and I repeat be very careful here if you don't know the area because there is stuff on those flats that will eat a bass boat. The bass here were partial to a prime 25 SPRO crank in a parrot color and an XPS flippin' Tube in green pumpkin. The James got a lot of pressure this past week but its holding up and producing.

I have a couple of guys that might meet us there also...They will have their own boat.

TOXIC

That area is hot if the bite is on, around Kittewan, wards and weyenoke. if there home it's a field day. we will go sometime!KB

Ok,

Cookout at my place after the fish catching and will meet you all at Lees at 0800.

Thanks for being flexible fellas!!! We are going to be North of my stomping/splashing grounds so..... I guess I am makign excuses already :)

Carlos

Not so far that we can't run to them CIII if things get slow!! AND WE WILL!! So make sure you gas up your rig (and bring your map)!!

TOXIC

We might want to check Wades Bay also! Thats closer to Carlos' area. Gentlemen, Sounds like a plan! See ya' then KB

0800 it is!!!!! BTW what do you all drink? I know you ahve top drive afterwards, but what style beverages? I know that you are a wine kinda guy Tox, unsure what you drink KB.

Carlos

Now whatever in the world gave you that idea. I'll pass on the rotten grape juice if you please!! Hey, I'm the only one not pullin!! Of course you will be at home CIII!! I'll probably have a couple of beers and that's it. I've got a little bit of a drive home. Now if we were having a sleep over, that would be different!! LOL

TOXIC

Thanks for asking Carlos!, No hard stuff for me please! gave it up a few years ago, Pepsi, Coke or Tea would be great! KB

Hey Carlos, What can we bring to ease the food burden, I know what i can eat, and i've seen pictures of Tox (LOL) anything you need just yell!KB

That was what I figured, but felt obligated to ask. My wife makes premo sweet tea. So the tea is no problem. Do not worry about bringing anything, will be hard to keep fresh/cold in the baot or truck all day!!! All you really need to bring is an appetite.

Carlos

Latest posts

Back