Hey Tee... back yet??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Payne

Reaction score
Hey Tee...

Hope you had a good trip to the holler!

Barb and I fished all of Friday, spent the nite at the campground and fished Saturday till about 5... found nothing on the main lake, fished around Lillydale and the main points to the west of it, up into pulsey creek... nada...

All of oour fish came friday and saturday afternoon, up in the Wolf River, just past shear pin pass. The shad was abundant there in the channel.. the fish were also not shallow, all fish we caught came off the bottom in 15-30 feet of water. We both caught several 12-14" smallies and spots each. We did learn some vertical jigging with Silver buddies... caught good fish on that little thing... who'da thunk it.

Hope you all did better!

Best part was the fall colors!

Sorry we missed you on this trip, hopefully next trip will work out better. We ended up trading in the car on a new(er) Stratus... should be much more dependable.

Was that you that tried to call on Friday, about 1:30?

Charles...

We will have to get together, perhaps you can give me/us a tutorial on the float and fly...I've read it, but never seen it in action...

Barb and I are hoping to make several more day trips in the coming months...

Hey guys! Sorry..I took off two days and will spend probably two weeks gettin' caught up! It sucks!

Well Simmy we didn't get skunked but, only had four keepers the whole three days. Thursday mornin' I got a 3 lb'r in the first fifteen minutes on a shiner. So I'm thinkin' O.K... no wind...small problem but, can be worked with. Went about three hours and not a bite then wham...got a 4. So I'm still thinkin' if we can pick one off every once and a while then it's O.K....Well fished another couple hours and zip. Then at the end of the day..the ol' man nails a 4 1/2 lb'r.

Friday..a few dinks and Saturday a few dinks also. Did get a nice Kentucky about 3 1/2 on a spinnerbait and that was about it.

BUT,,,,,,, We are seriously considering a couple more weeks down the road might be better. We had absolutely NO WIND for three days and that's not a good recpie down there. As a matter of fact..It's just the opposite. Give me wind man..

Oh I missed the big fish(yeah right)....Went to the same point where dad got his...flipped a shiner out and thought I was hung on a stick..No movement. So I start reelin' in and the line just starts movin' up! Well that sucker jumped on the opposite side of the boat and spit it right at me. Nice one too...I swear he stuck his tongue out and said come back later!LOL....

BTW..we had intentions of goin' up the Wolf but had better luck towards the dam.I'll post the pic's soon...

TEE

Sounds like a good trip...

We're definitely itching to get back down there... probably going to try and pull another overniter around the dark moon, and 1-2 trips in november just like it.

We found out that the hotel at Wolf Creek marina is only $45 a nite.. so that fits real nice with the budget.

next time going to go ahead and spring for the TN licenses... I've got a few spot by the dam that I've gotten thru the grapevine that I want to check out.

We ended up running close to 35 miles on Saturday total...

Gotta love them BrownFish!

You bet! Hey Simmy...I think we should get a big Spring bash together around the last of March first of April timeframe...Anybody interested?

TEE

Back