Hey Sue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
Sue on my 882 my trolling motor started having trouble.

Here is my question. A fuse was blown on one of the wires. The wire doesn't go to the trolling motor but it goes to the charger. It is going to to Bass Pro thursday to have a livewell control fixed and they are also going to look at the trolling motor.

When fishing saturday I put a new fuse in it and it worked fine for about 5 seconds...that fuse blew. I put a second one in and it blew within a few seconds. Just out of curiousity I put a 30 fuse in it. I only stuck it in for a few seconds and the trolling motor worked.....when i took it out it was HOT!

Why is there a fuse on the charger wires and why does it affect the trolling motor? What would happen if I took the charger off?

BJ

BJ -

There is either something wrong in your wiring..... Or.....

There could also be an internal short in your charger.....

Maybe both or one caused by the other.....

It's going to take someone who knows what they're doing to fix it.

Disconnect the charger for the time being.

me!

Start with your ground connections. 90% of shorts, or blown fuses are due to faulty grounds. When they disconnect then reconnect while under load, the fuse will blow. But like "me" said, could be internal on your charger too.

Do NOT put a fuse that is over rated into your wiring, you can permanently destroy your batteries, TM, charger, or all of the above. Not to mention, you could catch your wiring on fire and burn your sparkly new boat to the trailer.

Hi BJ,

Sorry, I can't help out on this one. Like me! said, I think the mechanics over at Bass Pro need to look at it.

Sue

Back