Hey Smitty!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
Did you end up going to BASS University last weekend?

How was the 'new venue' compared to Lansing?

Give us the skinny...

az

I did go...my buddy pimped out on me too, soooo I had to dial up some work buddies at the end of the first day to make up for the wing consumption the rest of you lost out on.

The venue was good, but it was difficult to take notes due to the banquet room style chairs with no tables. Had to balance my notebook on my lap.

I learned that this was the last stop of the year for B.U., I think it may have reflected in a couple of the presentations.

Jimmy Houston - basically told jokes during both his presentations...threw in a couple decent spinnerbait tips, but alot of his time was wasted with war stories. And yes, he is very personable and will sign anything you put in front of him, however a signed photo will cost you 2 bucks.

Shaw Grigsby - same exact seminar from 2 years ago, minus his usual enthusiasm.

Rich Tauber - same exact seminar from 2 years ago, including the same exact jokes. Still a hilarious dude and probably the most down to earth. I spoke with him for a good 20 minutes during one of Grigsby's sessions that i already heard. Nice dude.

Joe Thomas - pretty good smallmouth tips, very similar to Balog's seminar a few years ago, with some added spinnerbait tricks.

Mike Auten - excellent deep structure fishing seminar. He also covered topwater tactics, but after hearing Zell's seminar a few years ago, Auten's didn't hold a candle to his.

David Fritts - outstanding crankbaiting seminars...however the dude was a very crabby man, maybe he was just havin a bad day, or maybe he just aint the most personable guy.

All in all, it was money well spent, however with the exception of Houston and Tauber, it seemed they all just wanted to get the heck out of there.

Thanks for the update...

was the crowd as big as in Lansing?

bummed we missed out on the wings...LOL

I'd like to go fishing with Tauber...I'd learn dropshotting and probably hurt myself laughing!

Me and Jake may be headed over that way for the spring classic at bass pro...if it works out right the wife will be out of the town and boys will get to play!

az

How was the tackle pack and how much time do you have to use the discount certificate?

Gene

The crowd was maybe a little smaller, but not by much.

The tackle pack was okay..I'll probably give most of it away. The discount certificate expires Feb. 28....mere days before the spring classic sale.....hhhmmmm...coincidence....?? I think not....

That's what I figured. I guess I can't complain about not getting a discount on all the free stuff I'll get when I use my BPS reward points at the fishing classic sale, about $350 bux worth. WOO! HOO!

Gene

Back