Here's the answer from Vinyl Approach about replacement decals, etc

• Thread starter Greg Meyer [URL]http://www.vinylapproach.com/vinyl
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if I read that correctly, the customer has full responsibility for having permission to reproduce whatever it is that is being reproduced. Legally, I wonder how long it would take to get permission to reproduce something that is no longer made by the original trademark owner. For items like replacements decals, I think they should be responsible for producing them for the life of the boat (whatever) or there should be a blanket clause for allowing a owner to maintain the appearance of their "whatever".

Just my 2 cents.

For the most part, all you have to do is ask them, clearly laying out that your intent is for personal use. However, they might address the issue differently if you say you want to do it for commercial purposes. They could also take the approach that you could do it commercially. You have to ask.

While I have said many, many times that I'm not a lawyer - I very much beleive that you simply cannot 'transfer ownership' to someone else by having them sign some piece of paper or notifying someone else that they simply 'print the item' and do not provide the product.

I'm guessing that they simply have not 'come under the gun' as yet from someone intent on pursuing the limits of the law.

Tex

1) Sleeping dog rule.

2) No lawyer either, but the customer is not the one "reproducing" the copywritten material.

3) Nitro, Tracker, etc. have no legal responsibility to supply replacement decals, however, as the logo, brand name etc is copywrite protected or TM, they can legally require payment to license its reproduction. (FROM THE SELLER)

Latest posts

Back