HELP

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Stivers2

Reaction score
I have a 1995 Nitro 170-DC Rick Clunn edition. I want to come up with a way to floor the foot well that is just behind the front seat on the casting platform. I contacted Nitro with no luck so I'm here looking for ideas and suggestions. I may have to go to a metal fabricator since I'd like to have this constructed out of aluminum instead of wood. Soooooo... long story short does anyone out there have any suggestions.THANKS

Why not wood? Make it press fit, no drilling, screwing ect........

df 004.jpg

The deck extensions which Nitro sells are aluminum and press fit in. I think aluminum would hold up better although I suspect wood would do just fine.

Paul

I'm concerned about a press fit due to potential interference with my rod boxes....do you think that will be a problem?

I see what your sayin, Mike, you will still have to put a pull of some sort in each compartment, but you will be able to open the rod loecker on either port or starboard side fairly easily.....my extenxion is press fit but I can still open the other 2 without removing the center..........It depends on what YOU want to do, if you want no interference, then I'd mount an aluminum angle bracket to the bottom of the wood(or whatever you use) and leav a 1/4 inch gap all the way around so it does not interfere anyway shape or form.

Mine press fits in so I added pull straps to the surrounding compartments and they work just fine.

I had a 96 170 DC, and had the factory deck extension and it worked great. Paul P said it all.

I used the space underneath for easy access storage.

cq.

Back