Help with '05 NX882 live well pumps

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leigh Price

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2005 Nitro NX882 (great boat) but am taking in some water when I run my live well pump. I think that I might have had some ice damage over the winter. I have checked the hoses to & from the live well and they are not leaking at all but need to check the pump out as well. I looked all over the bilge area and can not find the live well or bilge pumps. Can some one please tell me where they are and how to access them? Thanks guys!

Lp,

remove the oil resivoir, below that you will find the bilge cover. once you have that removed, hang upside down and look below the gas tank. There you will find the live well pump. It is a real challange to get to. Hopefully you never have to get to it while you are on the water.

i lost mine during a tourny a few yrs ago. it is amazing how fast the water comes in when you pull the pump out while your still floating.

GregD

Thanks Greg....sounds like a real pain in the butt job but I've got to check it.

LP

Hey Greg....just an FYI...I called Tracker Marine and THEY told me to look under the center battery tray for the same bilge cover.:unsure: I'm going to check it out over the weekend & see where the access is. I tend to agree with you that its under the oil reserve & not the battery tray.

LP,

my 882 is an 03, it could be differant but i would be surprised if it were.

any how, it is under the bilge cover. you will find 3 differant pumps down there. 1 is your bilge pump, another will be the live well fill pump and the third will be the recirc pump.

i am pretty sure that the recirc pump is the one located under the fuel tank.

Good Luck

GregD

Latest posts

Back