Help!!! Mildew on seats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
I have a bad mildew problem on mt vinyl seats. I cleaned it with a little water and small amount of bleach. It just keeps coming back. I had it covered, and this is when it started, however it been uncovered for about a month, and I cleaned them when I uncovered the boat, now it back.

Bubby

Simple green and a soft bristle brush. Careful with the bleach, it will harden the vinyl. Simple green is organic.

TOXIC

Great article Jason. I appreciate it. Scott. I tried Simple Green and it didn't touch the mildew on my seats. I also have it all over my steering wheel, The thing that worked the best was the Castrol cleaner that comes in the purple bottle but it still didn't get it all the way clean.

I'm going to try what's in the article Jason posted..

Uncle Billy

X-10 is the best mildew cleaner I've used, but it's hard to find. Sometimes WalMart has it.

The most important thing in reducing mildew is air circulation. Leave gaps in the cover (use small dock fenders) so air can blow throw. If necessary, use a mildew reducing boat fan to circulate the air.

Thanks everyone, I will give them a try. Rich what dept. is it usually in??

Bubby

Jason, thank you very much for the info. I used the site and the amonia and water works.

Bubby:):)

Bubby, X-10 is in the household cleaners section, if they have it. Pump spray bottle.

Back