HELP.....ELITE RODS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Gersh

Reaction score
Does anyone own the NEW johnney Morris Elite Trigger Rods...the ones with the metal recoil guides.......I was debateing on getting them vs the signature series rods.....someone told be the metal recoil guides are noisey......Whats noisey....?

Does anyone have more detail to this.....anything you know about these guides would help.THANKS

My step-dad has a spinning rod like this and I fished with it on Thanksgiving and i didn't notice that the eyse were noisy. It was a pretty nice rod and yes the eyes are different looking, but I noticed no problems. Fished for several hours over two days. I personally prefer the Pro Qualifier rods. They are pretty much the same rod, but the Morris rods have a few more (perks) for a little more money and the name. Hope this helps.

Tim

I have 4 Elite rods with the recoil guides and I will be ordering a few more in the next few days. New actions and handles. They even added a hook keeper that will solve the drop shot problem....

I love the recoil guides. I only notice any noise when I am using braided line, not mono or flouro. All guides make a little noise with braid. The best part of the recoils is that you almost cant break them. You can take any one of them and flatten it to the blank and it will pop right back to where it was just like new. And the more you use them the smoother they get. They wont nick, crack, fall out...etc. I am impressed.

Ditto to what Mini said. I have a bunch and have had -0- problems with them. Smooth and not noisy. Just ordered more.

TOXIC

The $119.88 rod is the 07 model on clearance. The $199.99 model is the 08.

The 08's have a hook keeper, on some models there is no foregrip, and on others there is a split rear grip. They 08's are lighter, therefore more sensitive.

The 07's for $119.88 are a steal.

Mini

Latest posts

Back