heading to OK

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Harrison

Reaction score
Well guys,

With all the troubles I've been having this year with my lower unit (stripped threads on lower drain plug hole, electric shift module jacked and crossed thread and then broken off bolt on water pump housing), I got tired of all the things that needed to be fixed so I decided to check eBay for a replacement lower unit. Well, just minutes ago I was the winning bidder on a motor that is same year, model/hp as mine and it looks like it's in even better condition than my current one. Best part is, I got the WHOLE thing for $380 which is awesome since I've priced just the lower unit at some places here in MO for $350-400. All I have to do now is drive down to Oklahoma to a town near Tulsa and pick it up. All you OKies down there, are there still lots of speed traps and smokies patrolling???? I remember as a kid going to Texas my dad would always get pulled over everytime going through there (he never learned). I just hope this motor will cure what currently ails me and my boat. Poor girl hasn't gotten wet in 2 years. Anyway, I just wanted to say hey.

Mike Harrison aka StanAramus the Great

Just goes to show you...that's what we think about the highway patrol in Misouri. :D In fact I think the Okla Highway Patrol is fairly lenient. As long as you stay 10 mph under speed limit they won't mess with you much. If your on the turnpike the speed limit is 75, so how fast do you want to go? What town are you going to near Tulsa?

Harpo

The town i'm going to is Skiatook. Turnpike limits of 75mph is kinda slow for a young guy like me. When I go to St. Louis down I-70 I usually have the cruise control set at 85-90mph. Oh well, I guess I have a month until my boat HAS to be ready, I can take my time driving down there. But if you're out and about and a green flash whizzes by you, it's me. Don't forget to wave.

Mike Harrison aka StanAramus the Great

Oppps, I just re-read my first reply. I didn't mean you had to drive 10 mph under the speed limit, I ment to say no more than 10 mph over the speed limit. Traffic usually flows at 80 to 85 mph. The only ticket I ever got on the turnpike was for 88 in a 75. That'll for sure do it for anyone with an out of state tag. Beware too that un-marked cars are very common. Once you get through Tulsa, it's like a two-lane state highway to Skiatook, or at least it was the last time I drove there.

If you have any questions about the dealer you're buying the lower unit from jump on the message board at Basszone.com (another Rich Stern creation). There's a bunch of guys from the Tulsa area on there that may be able to answer any questions you may have.

Good Luck

Harpo

thanks for the info. i'm not buying this motor from a dealer, it's from an individual (that i know of) and when i was on the phone with him he tried to sell me a second motor the exact same except this one had a seized up lower unit for a $100. wouldn't be bad except that my powerhead is already good on my old one and this second i'm picking up is good, don't need three just yet...but $100 sounds good

Mike

Back