Have you ever heard a transducer tick?!?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Garrow

Reaction score
I was out fishing today and noticed a ticking or clicking sound coming from the back of my boat. After a few minutes of checking out the motor trying to locate the source, I discovered that it was coming from my transducer.

As an experiment I increased the ping speed and sure enough the ticking accelerated as well. This is a relatively new unit (Fishmark 480) thats only been in the water about 10 times and I've never heard the ticking before.

Has anyone ever experienced this sort of thing before?

I've had several Humminbirds and the Transducers ticked on those.

Yep,

Ticking is normal.. I never run my sounders after I locate fish. Think it tips them off...

I've heard it before. It can be especially noticable in a tin boat, fishing over a hard bottom like gravel or rock. To me, it's less noticable in sand, and almost impossible to hear over mud or weeds. I think you're actually hearing a reflection of the sound wave bouncing from the bottom back up to the underside of your boat. But I could be wrong, too.

MO

Jeff,

I can hear mine and also feel it if I put my hand on the puck that is on the TM when I pull it out of the water.

Carlos

Back