Guest Charger ? for Sue D.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg J.

Reaction score
Sue,

I'm purchasing another boat (16' Lowe jon boat) that will be used on electric only bodies of water, so there will be no gas motor, just a trolling motor and two deep cycle batteries hooked in parallel. Which model Guest charger should be used? Thanks for any info :)

Basically recreational on weekends, and perhaps 1-2 times during week (while I'm off for the summer). Should be plenty of down-time to recharge the batts. Thanks for the quick response :)

Change of plans since I posted above this morning. Going to use the batteries independantly (1 for TM, 1 for depth finder, etc), instead of wired in parrallel.

You will drain the troller pretty fast while the other for the electronics will not get as mush pull. Why not wire them in series? Then you would have to drain both.

TOXIC

Series for 24 volts, parallel for 12 volts.

Bob G.

Take a look at model 16102. It is the new Intelligent Charging System and I think it would work well in your application.

Sue

Thanks Sue, I'll take a look at it. :) .

You will drain the troller pretty fast while the other for the electronics will not get as mush pull. Why not wire them in series? Then you would have to drain both.

Thought about that initially. When I mount a depth finder (on bow TM) I was wondering if I'll get any interference from the two batts if wired parallel, and the TM is wired to one of the two batts?

Guess that will depend on the TM?? IF it's 12v or 24?

TM will be a 12V. MG 54# foot control.

Back