Great Fishing Day!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Greco

Reaction score
Had an unbelieveable day on the lake yesterday. Fished with a co-worker from 6AM until 1PM and boated 36 fish. 10 fish were 4 lbs or bigger. Never had a day wher I caught so many big fish. Caught all of them in a 50 yard scretch, all on topwater baits. 10 were caught on a Pop-R and the rest were caught on Horny Toads. My biggest that day was 5 lbs 11 ozs. My buddy also got one 4 lbs 11 ozs which is his personal best. It was an amazing day! I'll include a few pics.

Here is my buddy with his big bass.
104_0413.JPG

Nice Green Fish! What's that fish gotta' hold of though?:lol:

Dave, The lake I fished was Shearon Harris and the water temperature was 65 degrees. Weird thing is I fished Falls lake on Saturday and it was the same temperature but I only managed 3 small fish.

The body of water makes a huge difference on how a day on the lake will turn out as all of you know....BUT on a different note.....GREAT FISH!!!! I would love to catch fish like that on a top water...specially a buzzbait but a Toad will do just fine too. What sort of cover? Weed Line, lilly pads? I can make out some sort of cover in the back ground but I cant quite pinpoint what it is.

T.S.

Travis, We fished 2 topwater baits the whole time. Never touched the other 8 rods I had in the rod locker. We fished the weedline (Hydrilla) with both lures but caught more on the Horny Toads because we were able to cast them into the weeds and bring them out to the edge of the weedline. Just kept reeling the toads in like a buzzbait and the fish would in some cases come out of the water to get them. A lot of times you would see the wake coming and BAM. We missed quite a few but once they got the frog we hooked everyone of them. I used a 5/0 EWG hook on the toads.

Horny Toads are fun to fish :)

Great Job!

Mini

Man...If your on a weedline with a topwater bite goin'....you gotta' get a Torpedo and work it real slow ...a twitch..twitch twitch BLAM!

I've had BIG fish blow up on it time and time again to kill it ! Had one 6 pounder that slammed it FIVE times before he actually got it. Fisrt two times he kept coming from underneath and actually blowed the bait a few feet....if that happens, just keep it comin':)

I do change the hooks out with triple Grips:D

Al - WOW, GREAT fish! MAN that makes it worth it all!!

VERY Jealous!!

Nice Al !!!

Beautiful lake also,I'm also jealous..

Steve

Al - is that lake as gin clear as it looks in the first pic?? something we don't get much down here.

Trep

Trep,

The little lake I live on up here is so clear we can see the bottom in 20+ feet of water!!!

Great bunch of fish. Nothing like top water to have a fun day. Should have tried a tube dragged across the weeds.

Al, that's awesome! I am WAY jealous but I hope it's the luck of the Triton. :D I can't wait to get back on the lake after your pictures.

Travis,

Squaw/Tan lake in Oxford.....about 45 minutes from St. Clair

Back