Great Deal on Crankbaits

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham [URL]http://www.basspro.c
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uncle Billy,

I hope you enjoy them. I wish I could be as excited as you are about them. I absolutely love the REAL original Bagleys crankbaits. In particular, the original Killer B2. If Bagley still sold that bait, I'd be all over the $4.88 price tag. However, what they are calling a Killer B2 now is not the same as the original, and neither are any of the other "originals" that they are selling now. I also got a sour taste in my mouth for them when Bagley jacked the price on their crankbaits after the classic win, especially since what they were toting as a "original" design was nowhere close to a real original. I know every year the winning bait recieves a lot more press, and the price may increase as demand goes up, but Bagleys went from a low-mid priced crankbait (@ $5) to over $10 per lure almost overnight. I found that really rediculous, and I was disappointed in the design, shape and action of both the body and bills on these lures. If you are going to tote something as the "lure that won the classic", I think it should be built exactly to those specs, not a modified modern day version.

It's not that I mind paying more for a lure, but if I'm going to spend double the original cost, I want the original lure, or at least something that works as well as the original. I actually buy a pretty good copy of the original body style from someone else, who hand makes each lure, and charges $22 a pop. And although they are very expensive, they are worth every penny. I don't have many, but they never leave my boat. I just wish he made a copy of the KB2. Maybe this year (crossing my fingers).

However, should you happen to come across some REAL original Bagleys Killer B2's in either gold foil, silver foil, or chartruese with a brown back, I'd be willing to buy almost every one you can get your hands on. I am down to 4 gold foils, 3 chartruese/browns, and I am totally out of silver foils. I cherish the ones I own, and I'm really careful when I tie my knots. :lol:

I hope you enjoy the ones you get Bill!

All the best,

Glenn

Well, I might not get any now Glenn... It's been 25 years since I used a Balsa-B and I thought they were expensive then, about $6.99 or so. These looked the same to me. They are Balsa and some have the square lips but you obviously know more about them then I do. I have a lot of other's that are favorites of mine but I thought I might stock up on some Bagley's.

Again, Maybe not. Thanks for the heads up.

Uncle Billy

No problem Uncle Billy. I don't mean to offend anyone by posting this about Bagleys, so I hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes, but I want to make people who may not know be aware that they are not your "fathers" Bagleys. :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

You're not stepping on mine Glenn, I sincerely appreciate the review. Man, if they were my Father's Bagley's they'd be the most sought after antique lures ever.:D

Uncle Billy