Got pix uploaded

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamar Gilbert

Reaction score
Figured out how to upload pictures to my library. Check out the Maine Hog I got Sat.

BTW.....That is Auburm U. on my cap.....WAR EAGLE!!!

Nice fish, way to go.

What part of Maine do you fish in? I'm heading up to New Hampshire for a month starting next Tuesday and could really use some tips for catching those pigs up north. Are they allready in the post spawn phase? If the weather up there stays warm will they be a full summer pattern within a couple weeks? Thanks. Josh

Got this 6-3 hog in Highland Lake in Bridgton. They are definately in post-spawn pattern. Water temp today was 69. Guess they will start getting that dreaded disease......lock-jaw.

Lamar

Lamar - how far is that from Kezar Lake? I was thinking of fishing Kezar Lake next month for smallies, but if Highland is nearby, maybe I will try that one too. What did you catch it on? That largemouth looks real nice.

Mad Kayaker

About 20 miles from Kezar. I love Kezar but don't go there since the only campground on the lake no longer exists. Got the hog on a Cabin Creek Baits copy of the Senko. (cost a LOT less). Let me know if you are going to be here and I will try to meet up with you. I fish somewhere everyday. Highland is about five miles from here.

Lamar

Lamar,

i will be heading to long lake saterday 7/10 - 7/12.

probably be fishing long saterday and moose pond sunday.

spend a little time with my parents monday and then head home.

let me know if you will be in on one of those lakes that weekend.

Joshaz,

what part of NH will you be heading to??

i live in nh and can give you some info if you let me know what lakes you will be fishing

GregD

Water temp is 69 degrees. On Wateree this past weekend, I fished in a creek that had 90 degree water. UGH!

Nice fish though.

Tex

GregD, I'll be fishing in the northern part of New Hampshire mostly. I'll be staying at Akers Pond in Errol and fishing there most every day, but I also hit Umbagog Lake, Androscoggin River, and the Mogalloway river weekly weekly. Do you have any tips for me out when I head up there? It's a lot different from the fishing out here in AZ, that's for sure. Thanks. Josh

Josh,

that sure is trip and a half.

what brings you way up there from AZ??

well i wish i could be more help but you are heading way up to the north country, i only head up there during hunting season.

stick with your senkos for Umbagog. i also like to use zoom - baby brush hogs in green pumpkin and the new yum craw fish in the same color when i use a drop shot rig.

are you using a drop shot rig out there in the other side of the country?? if not give it a shot when you get here. it has proved pretty deadly for both large and small mouhts,i fish it both shallow and deep.

i also like to fish 4.5" blk/gold slugos and white super flukes. in clear NH lakes.

good luck the water is very clear in Umbagog. i here the fishing is very good just to far for a 1 day trip for me.

GregD

My grandparents have a lakeside cottage on Akers Pond that I stay at. It's just a really nice break from the heat out here, and a great change of scenery. I lived in NH for 8 years and left to AZ in 6 years ago I believe.

I did best on senkos and soft jerkbaits like you said, last year. I also caught quite a few on topwater baits. I do alot of dropshotting down here, I'm very confident with it, I'll give it a shot up there.

The lakes up there are so nice, I'm very excited to head up there. Thanks for the info. Josh

good luck, give the green pumpkin a good try. it seems to be my best color. let us know how you do.

GregD

Nice Fish!! What was harder, catching that or geting the picture to post???

Back