Got a 2004 NX 750 this weekend

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard good things about the 750. You should ask questions like this before you buy...unless you got it for free. Welcome to NTOWS.

Bob G.

Everette - Details man, details!! Color, motor, single or dual console, options, electronics, pictures!!!!

I've had my '99 700lx for 2 years and love it!!

Trep

I'm gonna go ahead and give it good reviews. I haven't had any real problems with mine and I've had it for 5 years. It's equipped with the 115 2 stroke. 24V MG and a couple Garmin 240's. The only thing I wished I'd done different with it is ordered it with the 135 OPTI. Always get the max HP you can afford and manage.

BTW, I get up to 57 MPH with a 26P SS Lazer II. Bad prop as far as quality and hole shots with full gear, gas and livewell. But good top speed. All in all, excellent entry level bass rig. I get lots of compliments on it. Nice paint scheme.

Let us know what it's equpiied with and post some pics. Good luck.

I'm pretty happy with mine, an '05 with a 90 2 stroke. I picked mine up in early March from a guy that basically never used it so I had to break it in. It is a little underhorsepowered, but I fish a whole lot more than I ride around, so it is no big deal to me. Low 40's on speed, just fine with me. When I first started driving it I found that it will bow steer on you if you don't trim it up as it comes out of the hole. Once you learn how to do what and when it actually performs pretty good. I don't realy like the straps to lift the compartment covers, but it is what it is, and you have to about be in the boat to lift my back compartment lid as it is so tight. I personally do not like a recessed trolling motor pedal arrangement, but this is pretty much standard now on bass boats. I also have the upgraded trailer, and don't like the recessed area where the checker plate is as water collects in the recession and I think it will rust eventually there due to the water not fully draining off of the step. The breakaway tongue does not swing far enough around to suit me, I've noticed that this has been improved on the newer trailers. Tie downs are cheap and cheesy, I'll be replacing them, and already have replaced the motor toter, (did not like that either). There is also a shortage of handy-stuff storage, I solved that with a suction cup basket from Wally World. Other than these little nit-picky things, it is a pretty good ride. Best thing about it is I should have to go to jail for "stealing" it.

I have an 03 NX750 with the 90 HP 2 Stroke. After coming from a jon boat with a 25 on the back, I have nothing but love for this boat. I would like to have had more HP, but like Berry said, he and I could be roomies for what I got mine for. I have hit 51 on the speedo and run mid to upper 40's with two on board, and I am not a little lad. I did change out the prop to a 22p Quicksilver, it runs gooooood. I want to upgrade the TM and depth finders in the near future. I have added racks to hold the Plano 3700 size boxes and will be building a rod rack soon. The only problem I have right now is to find more time to use it! Enjoy.:D

I purchased a 2004 750 with a 115 several months ago. As an ex-Nitro owner, I was hesitant to go back to a Nitro after owning a Triton but it was the longest and widest boat that I could fit in my 8 foot garage. So far, I am not regretting my purchase. I may have paid too much for the boat but it was like new.

Since I purchased the boat, I upgraded the TM to MinnKota 75lb, added an onboard charger, moved the fish finder to the front and added a GPS/sonar unit on the dash, and bought a removable ski pole. Besides the fact that I love having my boat in the garage instead of being stored outside, I also love leaving all my gear in it. I've found the 750 has plenty of storage for me. I don't use any rods over 7' and they all fit. Strap downs are kind of cheap but they work. I have a hot foot and trim level on the steering wheel and I really like how it handles. I stay dry even in pretty choppy water although I don't think I will be crossing Lake Michigan any time soon. This is the first motor I've had that fires right up every time. Don't know what I am doing different but I like it.

I have nothing but good things to say so far about this boat. For those on this site that know me, I can always find something I don't like. So far, there's nothing that makes me want to get rid of it. If you are looking for a boat that fishes 2 people and gear on smaller water, this is great. Unless I decide to go back to a bigger boat which I have to store outside, I think this one is a keeper!

I think this one is a keeper!

That's saying alot coming from Teri. She changes her vehicles/boats more than I change my underwear.:p

Steve
4631.gif

Go Steelers! That is not a pretty picture Steve; I'm referring to you, not Teri.

My 750 has plenty of room. Of course, I'm going fishing not going on an expedition. I was on the boat last night and pulled twelve rods out of one rod locker with no trouble. I take everything I need and have plenty of extra space for my backseater to bring along stuff.

My 90 runs very nicely high 40's, gets on plane pretty quick enough. Remember it is an 18-foot boat with a mid-size motor at best.

It is a stable platform, even on "high seas" causing by passing cigar boats. Not really good for going full speed in really rough water, but that would be just stupid anyways.

Dang Steve, I always knew you were a crusty ole fart. Now I know why. :p

That's saying alot coming from Teri. She changes her vehicles/boats more than I change my underwear.

Uhhh, hey Steve....we've been meaning to talk to you about that.;):lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back