Get a ticket for fishing to close to marina docks

• Thread starter Rick Hale [URL]http://boards.eesite.com/board.cgi?
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been that way for a long time at Dale Hollow....I don't fish beyond buoy lines there for that reason.

Dale Hollow Marina and Cedar Hill...

To be honest...I don't prefer docks for SM anyway.

I think Kentucky passed a law about fishing inside of a dock. You can cast all around the dock, but you cant cast into the opening of the slip.

That makes some sense....I wouldn't want hooks in a cover or dents in the boat.

I fish a lake in southern illinois that does not allow fishing around docks at all. I think there is a 10' or 10 yard restriction from all docks. Sure takes alot of discipline to stay away from them. Every once in awhile you are casting one after the other and it slips your mind. As soon as you let the bait go it immediately jumps into your head and you have to react fast with the thum/crank to stop it. Not sure what the fine is, but everyone complies.

I always thought the land around a Corps lake was public domain up to the government established high water elevation - including private dwelling frontage. What got changed, when and by whom?

I guess that may be the one thing Pa. does right.

A few guys pre-fishing for the Classic were harassed by dock owners. After a call was made to the local Police, the cops told the dock owners to go pound salt. It's public water and as long as they don't set foot on your private dock, there is nothing you can do.

Steve