Gelcoat oxidation?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles Summers

Reaction score
Of course I would have to buy the black trimmed boat ;), but the top rails are looking like they are oxidizing??? They aren't shiney like the used to be...

This, as well as my seat problem arose after breaking a pelvis last year during the hottest part of the summer, and not being covered properly. How can I get my shine back?

Thanks,

Charles

Charles-

I've used the 3M line of boat products and have been pleased with them. They have one for heavy oxidation; it is a fiberglass restorer. You can find it at Walmart, Boater's World, West Marine, etc. They are in white plastic bottles with different colored labels for the different applications ( blue, pink, etc.). They also make a wax to use when you're done- and for the unoxidized areas on the boat.

I also have a black boat. Got it with heavy oxidation on it and I went with the meguires oxidation remover and then the pure wax. Now you have to use a orbital buffer with the wool pads, they are a goldish color and I picked mine up at pep boys. I had to hit it like 4 or 5 times with the oxidation remover because it was pretty bad. Came up like new. Good luck bro.

Back