Gel coat repair..anything to it?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corey Carrico2

Reaction score
I got out on the water yesterday for the first time in 05...felt great but only 1 smallmouth about 15 inches...beats sitting at home wishin I were fishin.

There was a lot of wind and my trolling motor had a hard time with it....long story short the rear edge of my 882, where the hull meets the side, got picked up by the waves and dropped on some nasty rocks on the shoreline. This left me with 3 areas where the gel chipped off down to the fibreglass.

So do those little tubes of gel coat filler you can buy at Bass Pro work well? Any advice from those of you who have done this already?

Thanks

Corey

Corey,

Glad you got out... I'm jealous... My boat is still in the driveway/garage being "worked on".. lots of little projects...

E-mail me about April 2nd...

Yeah they work well. Color matching can be fun if your hull color is anything but white. Even then its not a perfect match sometimes. I did a couple of chips on my keel and chines 2 years ago with the BPS kit. Just follow the instructions.

Greg-

I don't see April 2nd working out for me unfortunately....some obligations on my end that can't be worked around.

BMCD, thanks, I was hoping it would be simple enough. My hull is black but the chips are in an area that no-one is going to notice much.

Back