Gas tank switches

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex McClure

Reaction score
My 1991 Tracker Nitro with dual gas tanks(I just bought it)has a few switches and buttons I cannot figure out what they do. Along side of the driver seat is the mechanical switch that flips between the 2 tanks. The other switch and button I need help with from some of you veteran Nitro owners.

Look in my pictures here and look at the one labeled Gas tank question to see what I'm talking about.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks

Nitro Rex

The other switch looks like a battery cut off switch. Not sure about the button?

BF

Looks like the one on the right in the picture is the gas tank valve. The one on the left may just switch the gas guage from one tank to the next. The white button at the bootm right...I dont know. I would follow the wires (if any) that are on the switch and see where they lead.

Mini

Thanks BF & Mini. I finally got to a point to pull the switches apart today and find the one on the right is the gas (Main to Aux) switch. Could barely read this on the switch plate (very fadded) but its there. The other switch I summize may be for the live wells? Fill and Drain plug maybe?

The button is still a mistery at this point. Haven't had a chance to dive into the wiring behind the wall. Very hard to get to. Updated my pic to show the switch identifications.

I wonder if the button is the kill switch? Will post it when I find out.

Thanks

Again,

Nitro Rex

The kill switch is generally incorporated in the throttle control/ignition switch depending on the model.

I assume you have a merc and if you do the kill switch is on the throttle control housing. UNLESS the switch is bad and someone installed that one (looks like a push type switch). If that is the case your boat does not have the proper safety equiptment and I reccomend you get a proper stock kill switch installed.

Mini

Back