Gas Guage

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed G

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm having a problem with the gas guage on my '94 170TF. When I first tried the boat out, the guage didn't work. Before I bought it, I asked the dealer to fix it. They told me when I picked it up that they just had to "blow it out". Wasn't sure what that meant. Anyway, I've used it for around 6 months now, and it has worked fine. Last time I was out though, I ran the tank down near empty, (I think). When I filled it up the next time, the guage stays on empty. Can't figure it out. Thats the first time since I got it, that I let it get that low. Any suggestions?? Do I need a new guage.....or a new sensor?? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ed

Ed,

Sorry, very mechanically declined but....the float inside the tank may be stuck down all the way. My old Tracker had a float in the tank (part of the brass looking thing that the wires hook up to in on top of the tank), just unscrew it and check to see if it's going up and down freely?

Good luck.

Tom

Thanks Tom! I'll give that a try.

Back