Garmin 162 help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
I would like to know how to remove all the tracks on my garmin 162. I have run some routes 3,4 times and have lines all over the place . Please give step by step how to, not very good with electronics, computers . Thanks Bubby

On my handheld unit, I do the following:

Menu

Menu

Tracks

Menu

That gives you the ability to reset the tracks. It may be slightly different for your unit.

Tex

It's actually on page 26 of the manual.

To select the Track submenu tab:

1. Use the ARROW KEYPAD to highlight the 'Track' menu tab. You will see the options for the track tab appear to the right of the Main Menu list.

2. Press to the right one time on the ARROW KEYPAD and you will see 'Active' highlighted.

The track log page allow you to specify whether to record a track plot, define how it is recorded and save your current track log. It also provides both an indicator of the percentage of total memory used and the individual options to save or clear the active track log.

To clear the active track log:

1) Highlight the 'Clear' option and press ENTER/MARK. A confirmation page will appear.

2) Highlight the 'OK' prompt and press ENTER/MARK to confirm.

3) Press PAGE or QUIT to return to any of the main pages.

Tex

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help. Called garmin and they walked me thru it. Tex, you were right on it. Mountain Man, thanks for the info on the manuel . This 50 yr. old freaks, when I cannot get something done right away. I thought about it after I asked the question, and called garmin, great customer support.Bubby

Back