Full size comparison

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
http://toyota.edmunds.com/apps/nvc/toyota/VehicleComparison?op=9&basestyleid=100840271&styleid=100812286&styleid=100769823&styleid=100810995&tab=advantage

I work on them all and am still a Ford man, but hands down, the Tundra has the best ride, power, and then there is the Toyota reliablilty. And the recall, if this hasn't been addressed is only for ball joints. And Toyota is like Ranger in that they WILL stand behind their product, no questions asked.

Whatever vehicle you can afford and like to drive is the best for you! They ALL have their advantages and all have their downfalls.

Rob off his meds again????:lol::lol: Reply to the fish shooting post laMoist, we dun beat the crap out of a truck post already and yer riskin Mac and Mini headin' East and puttin a boot in yer arse!!:eek::lol::lol:

TOXIC

Toxic - Didn't Rob post ealier this year he was working a deal with Toyota for a pickup sponsorship??

Mmm he had a truck deal as of July last year, was it Ford?? Don't think he'd be advertizing for Toyota if he actualy had a Ford sponsorship, that would get ya the boot quick!!! LOL Just yanking your chain Rob!!!:

re: Boat for sale by Rob,7/3/2006 12:03 ET

"I have a truck deal already and am pumped about that. "

Oh but first he was working a Ford deal, wonder if he had gotten that one if he'd be pushing Fords instead of Toyota's!!! LOL:

re: Boat for sale by Rob,6/28/2006 14:19 ET

All I will say is that everything goes well, by this time next year I will be touring with a new wrapped F250 4 door diesel pulling a Ranger Z20 wrapped. "

hmmmmmmmm.......did it all come together for you, Rob?

I hope so ....you've been working hard at it.

While I suspect the data in the chart might not change much, the comparison is already suspect when you start comparing two crew p/us with two extended cab p/us.

Play away C3!! You know i'm just WAITING for Mac and Mini, but I bet they have more class then we do!!! LOL

Or at least more then me!! And more weight too!!!! BBWWAAAA Dang with this mouth surgery i've lost 6 lbs, not a lot of Trepper left!!:D:D:cool:

fighting0061.gif

Trep,

You weren't very nice to Rob!! :lol:

All I'll say is that if everything goes well, this time next year I'll be driving a 2002 Chevrolet 1500HD wrapped in silver paint towing a 2000 Nitro wrapped in gelcoat.....unless I win the lottery or inherit some cash...then I'll upgrade to a new Chevy truck and bigger boat!!!! :p

Bob G.

P6190613A.jpg

You keep driving that truck and boat Bob, and when I get back let me know, if I get a nice big bonus for this assignment, that 185 Sport/150 XR6 would look good in my garage! And i've got to by a vehicle when I get back anyway, so i'm planning on a mid-sized pickup, so I can tow it! Of course a LONG drive to get it if you sell it from GA!! LOL

Trep,

I'm suprised you didn't move into a f/s as much as you drag the boys around the lake tubing and such. Or was the Nitro a spur of the moment/too good to pass up deal ??

I've been looking more and more at the walleye type boats, maybe even a F/S. My back is starting to feel like it 80 yrs old. One day I think I want a fast boat, then after taking a pounding in the rough stuff, my mind drifts back to a nice dry smooth ride.

Sure wish I had one on Erie Sunday.:(

Sorry for the hijack Rob...;)

Steve - Was looking at F/S and the walleye boats (I was close to buying Tex's Tundra 18WT when he sold it for his Stratos, but it wasen't the right time), but I had fished out of Rich's Nitro and told him if he ever sold it I wanted a shot at it, so it was in such good shape and with a dual console it was a step up from my Tracker but not quite a F/S, but it also light enough to be pulled behind the Minivan where it would be pushing it with a 18.5ft 150hp boat or bigger.

Love my 700lx, used it in a 61 boat Tourney with a buddy Monday night, and while we didn't get a check we beat 25 of the other boats in weight out of my little nitro!!

I've looked at tons of boats in that size range. Looked real hard at a Xpress X17 with a 135 on it.:wub: But I think a 17-18' walleye type boat is in my future. Not too big, not too small, but DRY.

8 truck payments to go !!!! WOO HOOO Then it's back in debt..:wacko:

Trep,

Let me know when you get back.....I'll make ya a good deal if I can get into a bass boat by then.

Bob G.

I have fished off of all sizes,brands and shapes. The fish don't care. What fits your needs and your budget (or your garage) is what works best for you. As for the truck part, I will stick with my Fords. My Daddy had a Chevy..... until he got a job....:lol:

BF

Hey LaMoist,....put your crack pipe away!!! LOL How have u been anyway?? Are you a Prison Guard yet or still flirting with the "inmate" idea??:rolleyes::p

His inmate deal fell through when he found himself on the inside looking out!!!! :eek:

Bob G.

Rob requested a cell facing Champlain so he can still flip a jig to the secret tires!!

Bob G.

PS. Sorry for the hijack Rob!! :p

Secret????

I though Ike put them on the community hole list.

Hey Lamoist!??! Where you been hiding? In a Yota dealership?

When you guys gather and Trep is there, do you put "Not For Sale" or "Make Me An Offer" signs on all your stuff? :lol::lol:

Yeah, the Ford deal thing fell through. They were blowin smoke. I still have a F250 powerstroke though. I've been a tech for a local Yota dealer for about 3 months now. The Tundras are nice but like I said, what YOU prefer is what is right for YOU. I'll leave it at that.

Sorry for the double post.

I've had a ROUGH couple of past years. I'm still fighting to get into corrections as I believe it is the only "job" that will allow me a steady income and enough time off to fish tourneys the way I want. We'll see what happens there. I blew 2 motors in 2 different trucks in as many months. One was the 350 in my old GMC on I95 loaded with tools on the NJ/DE border on my way to SC. Then I finally got my F250 I've always wanted, but it had 250k+ on it. Not bad for a diesel IF it's been taken care of. Well, I drove it for about 3,000 miles and home from SC. Then my boy had a seizure at school and I redlined it to get there blowing my head gasket and didn't know it. Then I proceeded to drive it for 3 more days (can't hear crap over that chatter of that diesel) and fried 3 pistons. Did you know you can buy factory rebuilt 350 long block at Autozone for $1000 but the same thing in a 7.3 intl diesel is $6000! :blink:

There ya go Mackrelroy, that one was for you.

Anywho, I came home for a few weeks to see my family and the local Toyota dealer needed a service tech and wanted me for more than anyone in SC was paying, so I took it so I could stay north with my love.....Champlain! :wub:

I still have a blown lower unit on the merc and needed a check in one of my 1st 3 tourneys this year to pay for it, but needless to say, I've fished (prefished) less all of this year than I usually do in just April of most years and have had to borrow boats to do it. So I didn't cash any checks. Came close once, but this ain't horseshoes.

So my season is over until we sell the house, which looks like will be soon. I don't want to, but my wife and I agree, it's the only way for me to chase my dream....have to lower the bills.

I have thought about hangin it up several times and then I keep hearing stories like ragin Mike's when he was ready to quit fishing and just fish that last Champlain tourney. The comes up here, fishes those STUPID tires and wins! That propelled his career and now everyone knows who he is.

5 years ago, nobody knew Luke Clausen either. If they can do it, so can I. I just have to keep paying my dues. Stay tuned sports fans. :cool:

Good luck to you!

I'm a little concerned that you can get into corrections and actually have more time off; who's guarding the prisoners?

In NY, CO's get 6 weeks vaca, plus sick time, holidays, and I believe up to 2 or 3 days personal time. That in conjunction with swaps (guys swap shifts and work doubles for time off later) you can, if done properly work only 120 days a year (most of them double shifts) and get paid all year long. It's a sweet deal with decent pay (for our area anyway) with retirement and bennies. But the phsych board is a bunch of loonies themselves and jerk guys around when trying to get in. Funny since the state is so low on CO's and needs them badly. That's the guvmint for ya.

Hey Rob, you get up my way you'll have to go for a ride in my new Kitty.

Besides that I've learned some new tricks that could win you a tournament on the St. Lawrence with out going to the big lake.:):D

Latest posts

Back