Flying....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
Its been a while since i've flown on a comercial jet.

I know theres new regs on security..etc. We went over most of that in class on what to do and what not to do at an airport. stuff like name tags on bags, check in, metal detectors..etc.

They said you can bring a carry on as long as its not too big. Well they didnt give us a size.

Does anyone know what the size regs are for carry-on bags? We are flying American Airlines.

Thanks

BJ

Hey BJ, this should help. There is a lot of information on that website so be sure and look around. I can give you one tip my wife, who flies often, has found helpful is to put all your bathroom stuff like toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, ect. in a clear ziploc bag. That way the inspector doesn't have to open it up and rummage through it. Also remember that security personal have no sense of humor while on the job. No matter how happy you are and how much fun you are having do not crack any bomb or hijack or any jokes at all while you are going through security. Also remember to leave your pocketknife, nailclippers, or anything else that will make the metal detector go off.

Have fun!!:D

Harpo
http://www.aa.com/content/travelInformation/baggage/carryOnAllowance.jhtml?anchorEvent=false

Hey BJ, I have flown about 100 flight segments every year over the past decade. I pretty much agree with what Harpo said. In terms of carry on, figure a backpack or laptop bag in addition to a roller suitcase (small). Don't put any locks on things you will be checking in as security has the right to open your luggade and if you have a lock on it they will break them off - get some of the plastic ties that have the ratchet teeth to keep things closed - you will know if someone opened it that way because they will have to cut them off.

If you want to save yourself some frustration, make sure to get to the airport early. I believe you said you will be going to Boston. American Airlines is Terminal B - when you leave Boston to return home, give yourself plenty of time to get there as there are still traffic problems with the big dig getting to the airport in Boston.

Definitely agree about the joking but also remember that if you get pulled aside for extra security screening, don't get mad as they are only doing their jobs - just be respectful.

If you run into an emergency while in town send me an email and if I am around I will try to help you out.

Bill, The Mad Kayaker

THANKS GUYS!

Its a laptop bag i'm taking (no laptop tho, just a few books..etc.)

Bill, thanks!

B.J, Tell your group jokes are jokes on the ground, but they are very serious when they say no jokes. Have fun and stay safe

BF

Umm...i would try to smeak a fishin rod on but I would imagine they would catch it and not let you fly because of the threats you pose with a fishing rod. Who knows...you might go postal while in the air..whip that bad boy out and try flipping into somebodys lap...LOL.

Just have jun BJ..as I always say...fly be the seat of ur drawers....(no pun intended)

T.S.

Back