FLW fish

• Thread starter Rob LaMoy [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/116
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Here are some of the fish I caught on the last day of the FLW. The guy with me is Charles Pearson, he took 6th on the Co-angler side and made $7k. He stayed with me during the tourney. He couldn't believe the fish. We caught dozens of them like this. If Randy Blaukat had moved a little shallower, I have NO doubt he would have blown Scott Martin out of the water.

3 of those fish were over 4 lbs and I had a 5th in the livewell right at 4 lbs as was the one are the far left. Total bag was over 20 lbs. Here's to hoping I nail them in September's Everstart.
FLW%20fish.jpg

Anyone who watches the FLW show will recognize Carlton. He is one of the hosts of the show.
FLW%20fish%202.jpg

If you keep showing pictures of those big brownies you're gonna make me have to cross that mason-dixon line one day to help you stick them. We catch some BIG smallies on Pickwick, but we normally only have 4-6 fish days (counting quality fish, not dinks). We don't get a lot of 15-20 fish days that I hear about up there. I guess I'll have to get back to my drooling now.

Velcro....15-20? We regularly have 60-100 fish days averaging 3-4 lbs. Those 4's are all cookie cutter fish up here. One after another if you know how. And if you do it right a 5 and/or 6 lber mixed in too. Not counting the big largemouth that are but a 5 minute boat ride away.

Rob, you're a mean person. I can't make up my mind to cry or schedule vacation. We need a Rally up there so I have an excuse to do some travelling. How far are you from Memphis?

If I had a 60 fish day averaging 4# I would probably be ruined. I never thought I would say this, but here goes...

I guess there is one thing that is better in the North than in the South. Ouch, that hurt:)

We have the big fish, but just don't have the numbers ya'll do. I don't know if the trade off of losing six months fishing up there is worth it though. Depends how you look at it. Definitely looks like I'm going to have to make a trip that direction at some point in the next couple years.

Velcro,

All depends on which route you take and the traffic. It took my about 20 hours one way to get an hour past Memphis to get my boat going down the east and cutting in. On the way back we went up through KY, OH, and then went over. About the same but less mountains so towing was a lot easier. MI, OH, NY, VT, ME, we all have great fishing, but like you said, it's a trade off because we can only fish for 6-7 months. Plus, remember that a 4+ lb smallie up here is likely well over 10 years old vs only a few years old in the south. When I showed a pic of my 8.5 lb largie to a marine biologist, he said it was probably about 30 years old. That was older than I was at the time.

I have had rallies here before. I will try to do some mini rally next spring again. May & June is definately the time to fish this lake. Of course September ain't so shabby either.

Back