Florocarbon....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Shenton

Reaction score
Does anybody use Florocarbon all the time? It seems to be good stuff. For what purposes does it loose it's luster?

It's a little stiff and unmanegable and has the memory of an elephant. However it does have low stretch and great sensitivity and disappears under water and has good visability above water.

Harpo

Try using it as a leader on the braid that you said you liked. Personally, I think it is best suited to that type of use.

I love the BPS "XPS" Fluorocarbon.. Works great with Senko's. I also use it on flipping/Pitching into heavy cover. I have replaced all my rods with the stuff except for my topwater setup's. I tried it a couple of years ago and it was stiff with memory but not no more.. Good stuff..

Max <><

I use it for clear water situations. I think that is what the intent of this line was developed for. I fish lighter lines and also use the Bass Pro Shops brand. Memory doesn't appear to be better or worse than other mfg.. I've used it as a leader to when I feel I need to make my line less visible. I'm a River Rat and the wet holes I'm fishing are stained. They get the clearest in late summer the fall when we get stretches of no rain. It has a place on my boat but I'm not in gin clear water all the time.

When I do use the line I use a brand called Seaguar. I fine it to be a little more user friendly then the other brands.

Buzz

Love Seaguar...found out that Cabela's No-Vis Fluoro is made by Seaguar and just tried it! I am really impressed with it! The quality from my perspective is the same and pricing is a bit better than Seaguar's private label.

Back