Fishing Report Maps

• Thread starter William Birkett
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Birkett

Reaction score
I guess no one here really cares about the fishing reports area of this website... That is a shame...

Later.

Tight Lines,

Have you ever noticed how many fishing reports show up here in the general forum??? And how few show up in the fishing reports??? Ever tried to find something here about a fishing report on a particular lake in a particular state here... Even after a short bit of time they are very hard to find... The fishing reports section has the ability to search multiple ways to find the type of (or specific) report you are looking for... BUT NO ONE HARDLY USES IT...

And then... Have you ever tried to get anyone to add a lake to the maps database the fishing reports uses??? I have tried several times and my requests must be either being ignored or someone is and has been gone for a while that either did them or still does them... I just don't know...

This truly is my favorite website for boating and fishing... and it just has so much more potential to help others that remains uptapped... I see from looking through the fishing reports area that at one time it was used much more than it is or has been lately...

And yes, I know that it takes a little bit more time to enter the data in the fishing reports... and that this forum here is much easier for the writer to post a report... but are we writing these reports to beat our own chests... or to help others better enjoy their time on the water... I do it to help others....

Sorry for jumping up on my soap box... My intent was not to attack anyone... I just get too frustrated seeing potential not being used....

Tight Lines

Did you ever think that some don't want their honey holes invaded? All you have to do sometimes is report and this crew for sure will put two and two together. Not that I don't post...I do, just not on the reports page.

Maybe if you had some your areas "destroyed" by others you might feel differently?

A lot of guys on this site and others have spent a lot of time and effort of their own and understand where a lot of these guys fish.

I usually read what I can and come to my own conclusions.

Beating our own chests? I think anybody that posts a big fish is doing it to an extent. You wouldn't?

BTW...Ever noticed you don't see any Dale Hollow reports very much(including any detail)?

You'll figure it out.....

Maybe I just don't get it huh... But I do not understand... Maybe it is because I fish to relax (and have a good time) and not put food on the table and fix the holes in the roof... (earning a living via fishing)

Anyways...

It would be nice to see more on the fishing reports... If no one uses it... I am surprised it is still here...

That might be the solution too... take it off the website so that people like me will not have false expectations of being able to better learn how things can be improved in our fishing adventures...

Tight Lines,

It's not you Bill!

All you have to do is ask the RIGHT people:)

I fish for liesure too but, like to nail big fish when I can so it's more than just information.

It's there...people use it but, not all.

It's just preference...including mine.

Sounds like you would need a way to mark each report as either private or shared. If private then only you can view it, if shared then anyone (or maybe only a group) could see it.

Rich

Sounds like a lot of work to implement though :)

I've always told anyone who wants info from me can call me at home or e-mail me pesronally but, for me to report where as anyone(including others from "other" sites)can horn in on your areas...I won't do it.

I myself am not stingy with info especially if the "RIGHT" questions are ask.

9 out 10 times someone wants info it's on what and where?...NOT the right questions like how deep and what kind of cover?:)

"Did you ever think that some don't want their honey holes invaded? All you have to do sometimes is report and this crew for sure will put two and two together. Not that I don't post...I do, just not on the reports page.

Maybe if you had some your areas "destroyed" by others you might feel differently?

A lot of guys on this site and others have spent a lot of time and effort of their own and understand where a lot of these guys fish."

VERY well said.....

And Marke wonders why I try to keep my spots tight lipped...

Mini

Seriuosly...on the other boards I think guys wonder why they don't see reports from Dale...it's one of the worst to get info...So I said,"phewey"... I'll get the info on my own.

I give the "home boys" info but, it ain't right;)LOL

Tee very well put. Im all for sharign information but im not goign to tell someone fish right here on this very spot. But i will offer what kind of cover, depth and bait im using. Its up to them to go find the fish.

Mini we have all know where your **** is. Tox and Mac already showed us.

I thought everybody knew about Mini's stuff!!!!!

RoyC

Here's some folks that found some of Mini's spots!!!

mini1.jpg

Those fish are WAY too smal to come from my good ****....Y'all need to MAGNIFY those things your holding!

Well I guess when a book gets written about where you fish you can talk to me other than that, I will keep my good spots to myself.

Mini

Or when Larry Nixon wins a butt-load of money fishing someone's spot!!!

I know that I am guilty of not adding to the reports section, as I should. I take this view, I learn from others, so I also should share accordingly. However, it's a personal thing.

When I used to publish more reports, I tried as best I could to be as detailed as I could - although, I typically did not give gps coordinates!

If you are preparing for a tourney, I certainly can see not wanting to share info. However, once the tourney is over, I generally post up both what did and didn't work for me.

Basically, you can give someone the coordinates, the bait, technique used, etc. - and that doesn't mean that they can duplicate your success.

Tex

My intent was never to give away honey holes... But general areas of the lake... type of structure... type of bait... Get me in the ballpark basically and let me use what few skills I have...

Being in the military and spending five years in Germany and fishing their style... No thanks... I want to find and catch my fish... I truly apolize for causing a rukas... Not my intent... All I am and did ask was that the reports people put in the forum here... with as little or as much info as they put here... While I understand now how truly sensitive people are in this regard... I still think EVERYONE could benefit by having reports put in a archivable and SEARCHABLE database rather than free text message board format... MAYBE I am too much of a PC geek that understands the power a database can give to this type of information... For that I apologize...

Nuf said...

Tight Lines,

No apology needed there Bill...Your one of the CREW now:)

Bill, I'm responsible for the Fishing Reports Database site. I haven't gotten your map requests...at least I don't think I have. May be an email setup problem. I will check. By all means, post your request here or email me via the link in my member area. I can't promise I can put the map up, because my mapping software doesn't have good representations of every possible body of water. But, if I have it, I'll create it.

One of these days, the Fishing Reports Database will be overhauled with some ease of use and look/feel enhancements.

Rich, Thanks...

My favorite two bodies of water are Chickahominy Reservoir and Diascund Reservoir... Both bodies of water are West of Toana Virginia...

Appreciate anything you can do to get maps up for them... Take care,

Tight Lines

Basically,I never catch much and when I do it's usually small. : )

Tex, I agree with you somewhat. BUT we have tourney's up here every weekend and 2 or 3 times a weeknight. I am sick of people following or reading or watching video of areas and coming in on me after they see me catch a good one.

Maybe I am over reacting, but I am sick of it.

Mini

Mini,

I was just reading somewhere about someone selling GPS coordinates.

Don't know if they were their own,,or maybe they are following tourney fishermen around and selling their spots.

Steve

Where did you read that? Send me the link or post it here, please.

Mini

It was Carlos Mini!!!BWhaaaaaaaaa!!

I'm kinda torn. Yeah, I fish for fun and I fish as a guide. I have given a lot of spots to those who asked here and if I remember correctly, they have paid off pretty well. Everybody who fishes with me knows about my tree!!! LOL!! Kinda like Rob's tires. But the kicker is that they fish with me. Not necessarily in the same boat but I am with them. Mini didn't hold back (too much) when we went to MI but we were not gonna hammer his spots for a whole season either. When I am guiding and have paying clients, I will take them to, and show them how to fish every spot I have. And I will always give information to anyone who asks here....BUT.....to just post a report and let the thousands of lurkers (and I don't think I am exagerating) endlessly pound what it has taken me years to learn just doesn't make good business sense. People hire me for those spots. I let them GPS the spots. Pressured Largemouths are not like Mini's Smallmouth, if you find smallies, they will bite and they will bite a variety of lures (most of the time), with the bigheads, you have to be more "on target". Likewise I catch fish on the same spots that everybody else fishes. Anybody can find my spots, that's what, in my opinion, seperates the fishermen from the pack. As an aside, Teddy pulled a 6 pounder off of my tree Monday. That's the first time I have known him to fish it. And for the same reasons that fish was there, there will be a replacement fish there when I go back out. What ever drew them there in the first place will draw more. As KB likes to say......

"You ain't gonna catch somebody elses fish"...and I believe that.

TOXIC

Well, This has truly turned into quite the discussion for today... I am truly sorry if I have upset anyone... And yes Mini, if someone would have rubbed my nose in something like those three characters appear to have done in the past... I think I would better understand...

I hope all understand that I am not asking for anyone to give up their honey holes... I have given mine up on several other sites I visit and truly don't mind... but I don't fish for money or to pay the bills...

I only have one honey hole I refuse to give up, I just love my lady too much... LOL

Tight Lines,

Bill,

Those 3 characters above are BoBG, Teri, and Marke.

There was absolutley no nose rubbing, it was done purely as a joke and Mini laughed harder than anyone.

What Mini is referring to is certain individuals around our parts that work hard to steal successful anglers spots, then publish them and charge others for the info, making a nice profit along the way.

I can personally assure you that the 3 characters above were in no way associated with the wrong-doings Mini is referring to, and I'm sure Mini will chime in soon and tell you the same.

Sorry bill I was just making a statement about about having a great evening fishing after helping a neighbor fix his water pump you know be kind to thy neighbor....Didn't mean for you to get panties all bunched up.If you would have paid attention to the message there was more to it than just a fishing report..............guess I'll stay at bbc.

The 3 characters/friends in the photo had nothing to do with my ramblings and it is true I laughed me arse off at the pictures (besides NONE of them were on anything REALLY good....lol)

Bill you didnt make me mad....heck it takes more than this to get me mad.

Now if I see you on opening day at my first spot, now that is when you see me mad. :) I really am a nice guy (on land, so I have been told ;))

Mini

Yeah, Mini didn't even get mad when I thought Mac and Mini were married! lol

Cliff, Like Mini... I was not upset... Although I stand on my soap box every now and then I am extremely thick skinned... Heck you could even be in my best fishing hole on opening day and I would just move on to my next fishing hole... LOL... Please stay around... This site is great...

Tight Lines,

For a decade now, every day I'm at BPS (along with here,my website, over the phone, and other places), I freely give out info, map coordinates, plugs to use, etc... to people on the heaviest pressured lake in the Corps of Engineers, Lake Sidney Lanier, GA. (In addition to other lakes I'm familiar with.) Why? Because I hope everybody can have fun and enjoy the lake's fishing as much as I have. I get a real ego boost (trip?) out of folks coming back to tell me thanks or how great they've done. (Especially when they're taking children!)

I've guided for almost half my life, both here and before in South Florida and have seen the good and the bad of just about all of it. I can see and agree with both sides of the argumnent about sharing information. It comes down to a matter of personal choice, and I choose to share what someone else has provided for us all. I also fully respect an individual's right to keep the knowledge attained by burning the gas and spending the time and money to acquire it. Just my $.02.

Dont get me wrong Dan...I do too. I want people to catch fish and to be known as a guy that will help. BUT I will not put people on my best stuff, and it really irks me when I tell them that they actually get mad!!!!

I guess I should start guiding so I can get SOMETHING out of all the stuff I "give" away....lol

Mini

I meant no offense to you Mini. (Sorry!) I wasn't directing my statement towards you or anyone in particular. In a too long and drawn out way (LOL!), I was trying to say that whatever a person decides over the info sharing debate, it's their choice and doesn't demean or devalue the individual as a fisherman or a helpful person in general. Most tourney fishermen would not earn the checks or status they have if they gave their best info out at the asking. People should respect whether the info is shared or not. After all, if they're willing to burn the gas and spend the time on the water, it should be a moot point. IMHO

Back