Fisher pontoon boats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Glover

Reaction score
Got a son-in-law looking at a used Fisher 24DXL pontoon that is in excellent shape with a Mariner 90 on it...my mechanic has seen the boat and says the motor is a late 1990s vintage. Right now, I've heard an asking price of $3500. To me, that seems like a steal. Anyone own one of these, either the boat or the motor or both who could tell me a little about the right price range?

Jack

I've had a '93 90 HP Mariner and own an '05 90HP Merc. The '93 used a little more gas than the 05, but they both have been very very good to me. One day I ran the '93 Mariner about 10 minutes with an oil line that busted and the overheat sensor shut it down. If you can believe it, it did not fry it. Four years later I sold it in great condition on my Procraft a yr and a half ago running like a top. If it compression tests, it is likely a good motor. Sounds like you already had a mechanic look at it.

Jack, it does sound like a bargain; if that boat is a late 90's vintage and is in good condition, it's worth more than that price without the motor.

Pontoon boats don't hide problems the way a traditional hull does. If the tube integrity is good, and the deck and furniture are solid with decent cosmetics, it's a steal.

Check for value details here:
http://www.nadaguides.com

Ditto Rich. Deck and cosmetics after engine and logs check out. (in that priority) Carefully check all parts of the deck wood so you know what to expect and the time frame. The logs should have an air chuck nipple topside along the log to check for leaks under static pressure. (15lbs. for 24hrs per log is what I'd like) If all checks, that is an incredible deal.

Turns out we were led to the wrong boat. This weekend we'll look at the real one for sale, which is a Lowe 20 footer with an Evinrude 40hp on it, about 10 years old, and not used since "last Fall." Now that price seems more in line with value. Still, we'll take a look.

Thanks for all the input, I apologize for having the wrong boat to ask for info about.

Jack

Latest posts

Back