Fish Fry Part 2

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Ok guys, one of the stripers died last night from swallowing the hook. I put him on ice and my neighbor is going to show me how to clean it tonight. Now, how should I prepare it......need details like oven temp and frying pan, how long, what to prepare it with. Thanks!

I love you guys! .....well, most of ya :wub:

Teri - Large skillet, spray the pan with butter flavored Pam, warm it up on medium, lay the fillets in and sprinkle a little Lemon-Pepper seasoning on it, flip it when it seems white a little more then 1/2 way through, sprinkle a little more Lemon-Pepper seasoning on it, when it flakes when put all the way through with a fork or spatchula, EAT!!!

you can fix like any other fish fry broil grill or any way you like your fish JD:D

JD,

You don't understand.....she needs ALLLLLL the details....she's a real hot chick but she can't cook!!! :D:wub::lol:

Teri,

Here are some very good tips... from my friend.. the Executive Chef of the Gast Haus Zur Linden, Fritz Gross...

After the fillets are cleaned and rinsed... soak them for at least four hours in ice cold water (about 1 to 1 1/2 gallons in a large bowl ) with around three to four large heaping tablespoons of baking soda dissolved in the water... THen drain and rinse the fillets and dry them thoroughly on a paper or (better) cloth towel...

You can prepare them in any way... (a) deep fried with a simple batter (commercial, follow box directions) or in a mix of eggs (2) beaten in add one cup of milk, mix, dredge ( dip) the fillets on this mix and then roll them in a mix of yellow corn meal (1 1/2 cups) and 2 tablespoons of flour (mixed).... deep fry at 350 in canola oil (I use an electric wok, it works great, you can also use an electric skillet or a regular electric deep frier) for about 8-12 minutes (depends on the size of the fillet), until the fish "flakes" with fork (b) grilled on the "weber" over direct heat on a sheet of foil sprayed with pam... seasoned with lemon pepper and parsley flakes until the fish "flakes" (c) broiled or baked in the oven with the same seasoning... (If I broil or bake I also sprinkle the fish with commercial bread crumbs (lightly).

Tartar sauce.... two tablespoons of sweet relish... two tablespoons of dill relish.... two teaspoons of onion flakes... and a quarter cup of salas dressing (adjust the salad dressing to the consistency and taste you like.. make an hour ahead of cooking the fishn and let stand in the fridge...

Need more... e-mail and I'll share more by e-mail or phone...

I prefer them grilled. Marinate the fillets in a little Italian dressing for about 10-15 minutes, while marinating, oil the grill surface and preheat the grill (unless using charcoal, then wait to marinate until coals are ready) Lay the fish over med heat and do not touch for about 3-4 minutes. Use a long spatula or cut the fillets in half and flip carefully, cook another 3-4 minutes.

Rich D

JD...

I see you are in the St Louis area... Wanna have a mini get together for a few folks from here on your favorite lake and fish all your good spots...LOL I am close often... MoFish and Staci live there...

Greg I do all my fishing at Lake of the Ozarks I have a condo there and keep my boat on a lift there I dont give out my secret spots to anybody I make my partner wear a blindfold JD :cool:

Back