First tournament of 04'

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
What a day, where do I start... lets see it goes back a couple of days:

Thursday-took a couple of rods in to be worked on. I was told they would be ready Friday so I could have them during the tournament on Sat.

Friday-Called and rods not ready.

Saturday- 4:00 am- got up to hook boat up. Backed truck up and missed the coupler by two inches...not a problem..I will just move one of the chocks, so I did..but the last time i had the boat out my dad unhooked it..he only put one chock on one side SO the boat goes down the little hill behind the turn-around and into our 2 and a half acre yard while it is raining...NOW i get to drive down into the yard and pray I don't get stuck to get the boat out.

5:00 am-boat is out and on the drive, raining harder.

5:15 am-Leave for tournament

6:30 am-arrive at the lake

6:31 am-I find out that my dad left the pants to my rain suit at home!

6:45 am-launch boat

6:46 am-I am soaking wet from my waist down and its 40 degrees outside.

7:15 am-Take off!

9:15 am- caught a short fish

10:15 am- Dad hooks a great blue heron...well actually it kinda hooked itself

10:20 am- release the Heron

3:00 pm-Weigh-in...no fish for me or my dad

5:30 pm-arrive home

6:00 pm- Laura calls and tells me she is sick and can't go to the movies tonight....

7:32 pm-typing a list for everyone to see how pathetic my day was!

Hope ya'lls season starts out a little bit better!

BJ

BJ, looks like you got all your bad luck out of the way in one day! So, now you should be fully chocked, got your pants, and can quick release a heron! Next tourny should be a piece of cake for you!

Thanks for sharing!

Barb

You forgot one more thing...OU lost at home, their 3rd in a row. :>(

I had to go to a wedding.:>((( I promise I would have rather been fishing in the rain.

Harpo

Oh yeah..forgot about that...OU girls really beat OSU girls bad though!

Oh yeah..forgot about that...OU girls really beat OSU girls bad though!

Very true Jr. I still had a great time even though I was a little cold and wet. It really surprised me when I got on the water and how many jerks were out there. Some of those guys were just flat out rude to me because I am only 17 (well 18 in two days). One guy was even nice enough to ask why I was there he said tournaments should have rules on ages.

BJ

BJ, my Mama always said that there are a lot more horses tails than there are horses. It would be better to not allow A-holes in tournaments. THAT would cut down on the fishing pressure by about half.

Harpo

I think the guy was upset about how I handled my boat. My dad was on the dock and I went to pick him up. The other guy was coming from the other direction and I got the dock first. He was complaining that I was in the way.

BJ

Back