First ride in the 175

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Sullivan

Reaction score
Well, I managed to only have one flub while taking the boat out for the first time. While on my way to WaWa (those of you from the Philly area know what that is) my trailer plug came away from the hitch. The asphalt grinded a good portion of it away. Luckily, it still went in and there was enough contact. I then realized that there was not enough slack in the wire. Any hard right turn pulled it out. Plug as since been replace with an additional 8 inches of slack.

Anyway, got to the ramp and a guy loading a Grady White told me the ramp would be useless in about 2 hours due to the slacking tide and the silt bottom of the end of the concrete. A marina ramp about a block away was under repair so it was either go home, or run for an hour. I chose the latter.

(Chris - Is this true about that ramp? It's the three lane ramp off of 3rd or 4th street off of State Road.)

I got her started on the second crank and she ran well. Loading went just as well. I centered her on the first shot with a little river current thrown in to boot. No problem (lucky I guess). When we got back the water level dropped a foot in 1 hour. So not knowing the ramp well, we didn't take any chances.

I'll try to get out this week to get some more hours on it. Maybe I'll even be able to wet a line.

WaWA.. have not heard that in years, I grew up in Philly, (Lower Moreland ) , we lived up the street from WaWA... Nice looking boat, did u get to run it today?

Best convienence store on the planet......A+ Coffee and Chili and Cheese dogs with mustard (good deli department too)....LA

A co-worker and I that moved from Jersey to Memphis actually called the corporate office in an attempt to open a store here in Memphis but their strategy does not allow for growth beyond the Northeast...Oh well....Would have made a killing here....LA

Back