EXPRESS bass boat, is tin still in?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marvin S

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2001 Express X60 bass boat...

Will be installing a new 90 hp evinrude fitch on it. Anybody know anything about this boat? I hear that it handles rough water good. My other tin on Ky. Lake just about broke my back but I won and broke a few welds.

Marvin

Express is suppose to be the best metal boat out there I want a x19 but they are hard to find used in the mid atlantic area,you shoul be happy with it.

The X60 I believe has 24" sides that are a little deeper than a standard mod-V. Should be a good family boat:)

Marvin I am currently in a H-51 Xpress and I really like the way it handles of course its not as big as the X-60, but I have heard good things about the X-60 taking rough water well. You will not be dissappointed in the boat. Why not go with the E-Tec I hear that is the engine to have if you are in the market for a evinrude.

24" sides, good that way my back side will stay dry the next time I hang my arse over the side.

I already have the 90 hp rude new hanging on a rack in the garage. I have been looking for a boat to mount this on or I would be installing the maximun horse power on it. I wonder what the maximun HP would be on this boat?? Happy to hear the good news about this boat. Also heard it has a alumimun deck. The only thing I heard bad was nobody likes the express trailers. I think I will be doing a trailer swap before I sell the other boat. That trailer is galvanized tubing with plastic fenders. I also had put LED lights on it.

Thanks

Marvin

OK Marvin - One's gotta ask - why do you have "90 hp rude new hanging on a rack in the garage." and any chance you've got a 75 Merc or similar too??

Marvin if I am not mistaken I think the boat will be rated for a 130 or 140.....it might be a little under powered with the 90 on the back. Also I have no issues with my trailer is all Galv. no tubing and the fender are heavy duty. The only thing I do not like is the cheap tires that are on the trailer. The entire boat is alum...no wood at all.

SORRY....Trep, no other mtrs. I bought this motor to put on another boat that I got screwed out of. Then found a good deal on a 17 1/2' polar kraft with 50 hp johnson & trailer that is rated for a 90hp. Great boat to fish out of but never was happy with the ride in rough water. So I saved this 90 for something better. No pun intended about the trailer. Only bad thing I read about it was the trailers from the BBC web site. I like the plastic fenders. They are heavy duty with running lights recessed in them. When I screw up while loading, it does not hurt the fenders or the boat. No salt water here and no rust. Like that galvanize.

Looks could use some help....lol

Marvin

The galv. trailer came with bias ply tires. I think those doughnut spare tires will out last them.

Back