experience needed !!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul white

Reaction score
i need sum1 to tell me how a laser remote control trolly motor works. are they any good at all? they dont seem to make them anymore so im kinda skeptical bout it. but ive never been round 1 so i know nutin bout them. sum 1 plz tell me the whole lowdown bout em b4 i buy 1...pplllzzzzzzz

Paul -

I had one for about 6 months a few yeras ago.

I really didn't like it because I had no way of "feeling" which way the motor was pointing. With a standard trolling motor, you can tell which way you will go just by the posiiton of the rocker; with the Laser you can't.

Also, it would always rotate through directions at the same speed. I couldn't quickly flip it one way or the other. Not good if you're headed towards rocks or stumps.

The only real advantage I see to the Laser is the lo-o-ong control cable. If you've got a pontoon boat, you could control the trolling motor while sitting in the porta-potty!

me!

The man who bought it from me had a john boat with a raised perch on the front for bowfishing. It would be good for that as well.

Back